Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop

Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Smithtown, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

same trail as Stomp Pond Loop, just that this one brings you through the parking lot that charges $15. it's definitely an easy hike completed with my dog in a little less than 3 hours with stops at the stream. it can get a little muddy but the most of the trail is flat. if you have a few hours and want to relax definitely recommend it.

Beautiful views!

Nice trails for all ages. Map is well marked and trails are too. Walked the blue trail. Great for camping. Has boat rental (rowboats). Bring your bug spray. Worth the walk, run biking anything.

Better trail maps would have made not getting lost a little easier. However it was a nice day and we all had a good time.

Fun trails to run! Buggy tho!

Wonderful local trail run for LI

Beautiful view!

Scenic, fairly easy with a few hills.

Relaxing hike.trails were clearly marked. saw a few birds, unfortunately the pond was still frozen so that limited the amount of ducks to see. definitely will go back .

Went for the 6.6 with a weighted rucksack. Great trail

nice trail all year round. easy walking.

Great, comfortable hike. Quiet and scenic.

I really enjoyed this trail today. In my opinion if you want to go all the way around the lake the blazes are easier to follow if you go clockwise. That is the direction I went today and had no problems at all. The last time here I went counter-clockwise and had a bit of trouble

I’ve done Blydenburgh probably about 2-3 Times. It’s a light hike. Relatively easy. Very nice in the summer months. But great all year round.

great hike/walk took approx 2hrs
easy

Our favorite local hike.

I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful the park is. Especially at this time of the year when the leaves are changing color. As I walked around the lake I took many pictures of the water and the reflection of the trees on it. The trail is an easy course, that is well marked by blue and white blaze. It was very quiet on the trail because it was a weekday. There is an old pink house on the grounds, and what seems to a building that reminds me of a grist mill. I would have given 5 stars, but I was disappointed in the fact that I found people on the trail with unleashed dogs, and also people leaving bags of dog feces along the trail. Why can’t they just take it out with them and dispose of it properly.

Hiked up to the thinnest part of the lake. Great walk, not too challenging. Lots of dogs off leash for some reason.

If anyone is ever interested in having a hiking buddy for this trail or any other trail.. text me! (631)428-4999

Lots of different elements to this trail. Beaches, hills, lakes, streams and a mini waterfall keeps it interesting for sure! Make sure you bring bug spray and toilet paper because this is a long trail.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

nice view but theres tons of nats.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

One of Long Islands best. Great scenic views and a ton of wildlife. Very noticeable of how well this park is kept. Spotless!!! A wooden walkway has been built over the marsh part. Big help. Treat for bugs before as the nats are a bit annoying.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

This place is great! There are so many different trail options which gives the illusion that you're one of the only people in the park! You can rent row boats if you get tired of hiking

Saturday, July 22, 2017

A nice, relatively quiet loop trail. Not challenging (mostly flat).

Saturday, June 24, 2017

I love this park.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Good teal not too tiring

Monday, May 01, 2017

This was a great trail for a small group of people. It is particularly good for beginners. The views are beautiful, and it is easy to follow the blue trail - just follow the water! We will be trying many trails but will come back to this with friends and family that only want to hike for approximately 2.5 hours.

Monday, May 01, 2017

If you want to get out of the city/town and away from it all in a short drive this is the place to go!!! But I don't want to tell a lot of people either cause it's not over crowded and I'd prefer it stays that way. Haha!! Chances are you may get a little lost but that added to the fun. My country type dogs absolutely loved it there as well. Definitely will be a place I go again!!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Perfect trail run, I love it!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Definitely a long one but bring a buddy and it's a whole lot of fun!