Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop

Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Smithtown, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Went for the 6.6 with a weighted rucksack. Great trail

nice trail all year round. easy walking.

Great, comfortable hike. Quiet and scenic.

I really enjoyed this trail today. In my opinion if you want to go all the way around the lake the blazes are easier to follow if you go clockwise. That is the direction I went today and had no problems at all. The last time here I went counter-clockwise and had a bit of trouble

I’ve done Blydenburgh probably about 2-3 Times. It’s a light hike. Relatively easy. Very nice in the summer months. But great all year round.

great hike/walk took approx 2hrs
easy

Our favorite local hike.

I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful the park is. Especially at this time of the year when the leaves are changing color. As I walked around the lake I took many pictures of the water and the reflection of the trees on it. The trail is an easy course, that is well marked by blue and white blaze. It was very quiet on the trail because it was a weekday. There is an old pink house on the grounds, and what seems to a building that reminds me of a grist mill. I would have given 5 stars, but I was disappointed in the fact that I found people on the trail with unleashed dogs, and also people leaving bags of dog feces along the trail. Why can’t they just take it out with them and dispose of it properly.

Hiked up to the thinnest part of the lake. Great walk, not too challenging. Lots of dogs off leash for some reason.

If anyone is ever interested in having a hiking buddy for this trail or any other trail.. text me! (631)428-4999

Lots of different elements to this trail. Beaches, hills, lakes, streams and a mini waterfall keeps it interesting for sure! Make sure you bring bug spray and toilet paper because this is a long trail.

nice view but theres tons of nats.

One of Long Islands best. Great scenic views and a ton of wildlife. Very noticeable of how well this park is kept. Spotless!!! A wooden walkway has been built over the marsh part. Big help. Treat for bugs before as the nats are a bit annoying.

This place is great! There are so many different trail options which gives the illusion that you're one of the only people in the park! You can rent row boats if you get tired of hiking

A nice, relatively quiet loop trail. Not challenging (mostly flat).

I love this park.

Good teal not too tiring

This was a great trail for a small group of people. It is particularly good for beginners. The views are beautiful, and it is easy to follow the blue trail - just follow the water! We will be trying many trails but will come back to this with friends and family that only want to hike for approximately 2.5 hours.

If you want to get out of the city/town and away from it all in a short drive this is the place to go!!! But I don't want to tell a lot of people either cause it's not over crowded and I'd prefer it stays that way. Haha!! Chances are you may get a little lost but that added to the fun. My country type dogs absolutely loved it there as well. Definitely will be a place I go again!!

Perfect trail run, I love it!