Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop

Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Smithtown, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

great hike/walk took approx 2hrs
easy

Our favorite local hike.

I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful the park is. Especially at this time of the year when the leaves are changing color. As I walked around the lake I took many pictures of the water and the reflection of the trees on it. The trail is an easy course, that is well marked by blue and white blaze. It was very quiet on the trail because it was a weekday. There is an old pink house on the grounds, and what seems to a building that reminds me of a grist mill. I would have given 5 stars, but I was disappointed in the fact that I found people on the trail with unleashed dogs, and also people leaving bags of dog feces along the trail. Why can’t they just take it out with them and dispose of it properly.

Hiked up to the thinnest part of the lake. Great walk, not too challenging. Lots of dogs off leash for some reason.

If anyone is ever interested in having a hiking buddy for this trail or any other trail.. text me! (631)428-4999

Lots of different elements to this trail. Beaches, hills, lakes, streams and a mini waterfall keeps it interesting for sure! Make sure you bring bug spray and toilet paper because this is a long trail.