Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop

Blydenburgh County Park Stump Pond Loop is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Smithtown, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.6 miles Elevation Gain: 216 feet Route Type: Loop

Very nice trail to walk your dog on. Well kept, a few downed trees. The view on the lake is beautiful with many swan and geese. I didn’t get to finish the trail this time. I had to turn back after my dog drank the 80oz of water a 1/4 way through, on a hot July day. The trail was very well shaded. The only down side is there are people who let their dogs run a bout freely on the trail, uncontrolled. My dog is not the type of dog you want yours running up to. Luckily I keep him muzzled and take other precautions. Will return, but next time earlier in the day when it’s cooler.

The trail needs to be marked better. Some parts are marked well and others not. If I didn’t use this app I would have been lost! I did the 6 miles.

very well maintained and the dog park is huge

I love this trail. It is a nice walk in the woods. However, way too much horse poop to deal with.

nice trail for walking. very annoyed that people do not keep their dogs on leashes! keep your dog on a leash!!! those are the rules and signs posted! other than that it's a nice path

This trail was very good. Especially when we found the road. I was riding with this annoying kid Joseph Kiley who kept putting horse poop in bags. When we got to the road, he got hit by a bus and made my whole ride better.

Okay so I was biking with Vincent Crafa he ran in horse poop and It shot up and he quietly had the taste in his mouth.he said to me this tastes really good so I licked his tongue to get the taste and it was very greatly appreciated on the way down to the trail we stumbled upon some more we took bags and filled them and when we got home we had a great feast thanks blydenburg

Simple. Slight elevation changes. Many trails are actually dirt roads.

This is one of the best trails Long Island has to offer, if not the best, IMO. There was still snow on the ground when I hiked it last week, so I got to witness a beautiful, wintry look! I also had the pleasure of seeing a few horses along the way. The trail is mostly flat with some incline about 3/4 of the way through. I highly recommend this trail!

This was a beautiful trail and I wish I could come back. Unfortunately my dog was attacked by a much bigger dog that wasn’t on a leash. When going back to my car I passed 4 other people with dogs who weren’t on leashes. Each claimed that their dog “was friendly”. The person who’s dog attacked mine claimed the same thing. Luckily my dog was ok and just has to be on antibiotics for the bite marks around his neck but I am truly traumatized and thought that I was going to loose him. There are signs that say dogs must be leashes but unfortunately nobody follows that.

My wife and I enjoyed a truly lovely wintry 3 mile hike. We did part of the loop and then backtracked on a parallel trail. The views of stump pond were just beautiful.

Indeed beautiful trail, well maintained, amazing view of the lake through out the trail, duckies all over.

Beautiful trail

Never heard of this place until I found it while searching for dog friendly parks to hike with my pup. Great trail! Good length, fairly easy for a bigger or smaller dog, nice lake views throughout, and some fun little up/downs and creek crossings. Definitely coming back!

Awesome trail- more moderate than easy! End of November and still beautiful- just really muddy

beatiful park

Always beautiful!

Perfect

Very pretty loop trail with just enough change in terrain to keep it interesting.