Blue Trail East

Blue Trail East is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Thompson, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a nice easy hike with ups and downs. If I had more time I would have explored the other trails but we wanted to check out the fishing holes. Caught one! The falls were flowing and beautiful. It was not crowded at all.

I’m a new, out of shape hiker so this was definitely a good workout with a beautiful payoff at the end! Definitely had to follow the directions that others left on this thread or I never would have found the falls. Thanks everyone! The mosquitos are pretty awful by the falls so I didn’t stop for very long. BRING BUG SPRAY!

Great trail. Lots of beautiful scenery. The water fall is well worth the hike, even if you get lost like me. Just remember left blue, right blue , left red , left yellow = waterfall. Enjoy!!

We came back the next day, determined to find the falls. Totally worth it!! you have to stay on the blue trail, bypass the first red trail option, and take the second red trail option....it's a yellow trail off the left of that! check my track, we only went to the falls and back. Absolutely beautiful!!

Saturday, September 03, 2016