Blue Trail

Blue Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Delanson, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hunting is permitted on this trail from mid-November to mid-December, so wear orange if you hike during this period.

The area was a nice walk, fairly muddy though. The area near the cemetery was very well maintained. The bridge was a little scary though, and some of the boardwalks were sinking, but overall it was a nice walk.

I have to say it was a nicer hike than I was expecting, based on the description. I thought it was just going to be a plain walk through the woods, which would have been fine. But, there's a big, man-made pond back there, which makes it more interesting. A sign describing how the pond came to be, signs about an old cemetery located on the property and a bridge you have to cross also add to the interest. I'd have to say I would change the rating of this walk from "Easy" to "Moderate", as well, for the following reasons. There are sections that have an awful lot of exposed roots on the trail, which makes it pretty uneven, and there are a lot of plank bridges that you have to use because it's so wet in quite a few spots. For those reasons, I would increase the level of difficulty from "Easy" to "Moderate", it's not a flat trail that would be easy for the elderly or the very young. I checked out all the trails - there is one all the way to the right back corner (green, I believe it was) that wasn't too easy to follow, and it seemed just to stop without looping back to anything. If it was intended to, I couldn't follow it any farther, to me, it just seemed to stop. You can see it on my recording of this trail. Overall, though, I enjoyed this trail and would check it out again.

nice day for a walk with the dog! be alert for the road sign to the entrance of this trail or you can easily drive past it. ( take note of the entrance sign in the photo gallery.) the parking lot is big enough for about 6 vehicles but there is plenty of parking along side of the road. the trail conditions we're a little swampy here and there today but there are no difficulties getting anywhere around. tried to walk the perimeter of the Blue Trail but it just seemed to end in the far corner on your way around. backtracked to were blue meets Red and then continued on around the trail. some of the trail markings seem to be marked a little too far apart from each other and not easily seen. all in all an interesting little hike.

another nice day to take a hike with the dog. we covered about 1.5 miles. tried to walk the outskirts of the Blue Trail but it just seemed to end in the far corner of the trail. had to slowly back track to where blue meets red to continue on around to complete the trail. no real difficulties getting around but the trails could be better marked. lots of swampy areas today. nice day, good exercise!

This trail was a nice walk for my 2 1/2 year old son and I. There are a lot of roots that are an obstacle for little ones but still a great trail. We went at a dry time so the wood "bridges" walkways were accessible without a problem. If there were recent rain, I would see these being a problem. Very nice trail all around.

idk why all the hate on this trail. i love this trail. its a great trail. there are literally more upped roots at christman's preserve for the people talking about roots.
you know what, hate on it all you want, just means i get more peace and quiet when i go to this trail. cant believe its only got a 3 star rating.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Roots, roots, and more roots. May 2017, heavy rain the week before may have washed out the trails exposing the roots. I had to keep my eyes on the trail the whole time. Not a real enjoyable hike.

Monday, November 09, 2015

A pretty easy hike though gorgeous red wood pines. This trail is more fun to cross country ski than it is to hike. It was cooler when I went so it wasn't buggy at all but in the summer I could see it being full of them. Parts of the trail were swampy even with the beams that have been laid to avoid the mid. The bridge was a tad nerve racking to walk across being it only has one railing and the water came right up to the lip of it.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017