Blue Mountain Trail

Blue Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Mountain Lake, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I along with 3 others hiked this yesterday. I am not a big fan of this trail. It required a lot of strategic maneuvering as most of the trail is chock full of rocks and boulders. The exposed roots get very slippery and the trail was very muddy in many areas. We all had hiked Hurricane Mtn the day before and we all agreed that Blue Mtn was a little more difficult for us (maybe because we were already a little tired). It is highly trafficked and we expected this as we didn't arrive until 12:30-1pm. If you are afraid to climb firetowers, I wouldn't recommend this trail as you will receive minimal gratification from the view without utilizing the firetower. I am happy to have completed this trail, however I don't expect to do it again. The view is awesome though! Due to the rock scrambling and slippery roots, the descend isn't as quick as you hope it to be.

Beautiful place, much needed work on trail markers, had seen some elderly people also getting turned around truly a place for the locals. Will go back and figure it out much to be discovered.

Loved this hike. This mountain is just under 4000, so didn't make the cut for a high peak, but there's an amazing view of the surrounding high peaks from the fire tower at the top. I brought my 10 yr old sister here for her very 1st hike. It was a bit of a challenge because although it's not a terribly long hike, it's very steep and rocky. It will test your cardio ability for sure. She did great though & the 360 view from the fire tower, totally worth it! Bring a long sleeve or jacket for the tower due to the wind chill up there. Coming down is very easy, just be careful for wet flat rock areas.

An amazing challenge with even better views extremely rocky so bring strong book with good ankle support

Moderate hike with beautiful views. Took 1.5 hours to get to the top with several friends who aren't experienced hikers. Took a lunch break and enjoyed the views from the fire tower before heading back down.

Great hike with wife,son and dogs.

Great hike!

Great views from the tower! I'll be back in the fall.

Beautiful views, definitely worth the hike!!

Really nice hike, not the best views at the top unless you climb the fire tower. Top of the fire tower is beautiful

Beautiful spot I would rate 6.5 on level of difficulty mostly because of the rock maze to climb thru
Took is 2 hours to get to summit and 1.5 to get down
Highly recommend

I loved this trail. It was rock scrambling for a majority of the hike and quite muddy, which made the descent pretty difficult. The summit is incredible--if you aren't afraid of a very windy fire tower. Even in the summertime, this peak can be a bit chilly. I was grateful to have a light jacket in the last weekend of June.

Great hike. Took three boys, 11,9,and 9 years old. It was hard work but they did great. Loved the fire tower. Hope to do it again someday.

Disappointed ☹️ extremely muddy - rough trail. View up top was ehhh -- only way to really view the area was to climb the tower.

Loved this trail!