Blue Mountain Trail

Blue Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Mountain Lake, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Loved this one. Beautiful in the winter when there is snow on the trees. My friend and I needed the spikes we brought for our boots because most of the trail freezes to ice in the winter.
The view at the top requires you to use the intimidating tall metal tower. Climb to the top and you'll see a spectacular view of Blue Mountain Lake and Adirondack mountains. I recommend this hike.

Hiked on a beautiful Sat AM, my first real mountain hike in a few years. Rain briefly night before so had some mud and runoff coming down. A rocky trail with very little "smooth" trail. More rocks then I expected but reviews from other hikers prepared me. The views from Fire Tower were great with good breeze but the black flies on the mountain top with no breeze below tree lines hindered the experience. I checked out the Shack and Tower (not the one down access road) which were cool. Due to my lack of climbing in recent years, took me 2 hours and 15 mins to climb (15-20 mins of that being breaks) and about a 90 minute descent.

Nice rocky trail. Perfect for spring hikes or in the rain. Moderately steep and challenging climb with a perfect distance. Overall good hike with amazing views of Blue Mountain Lake region.

Great hike in the area. Beautiful views from the fire tower.

Great hike.. only my 3rd mountain and it wasn't easy! The incline started rather quickly and I was pretty tired by the time I got to the top. The view is fantastic. The trail isn't wet at all right now. Perfect day...

Great views. See for miles. A lot of people took advantage of great weather

Great hike! great views at the top. Currently very muddy. Not many hikers on the trail.

My family and I completed this hike on a cool cloudy day with the trail being very wet and still having some snow and ice in spots. The trail is steep and rocky with little to no "smooth trail" to follow at any point. The trail was very well marked and we enjoyed the views along the way. Not the best views from the summit but the scenery from the fire tower stairs was breathtaking. I was very proud of my two children 10 and 5 years old for completing this difficult hike!

My brother, nephew and I completed this trek. The student guide at the peak was nice enough to take some time to talk with my nephew about the mountain while my brother and I climbed the tower. Some nice views!

Love this trail was a little slippery in some spots but worth it

a little slippery but worth it to see the tower in ice

I completed this hike today with my wife and two sons. (5 and 8) The trail was easy to follow, and very reasonable for my son's to complete. They enjoyed the great views from the fire tower at the summit.

Easy 4.0 mile hike. Did it on a very cloudy, rainy day 4/5/2017 and it was still very nice.

Moderate hike both distance and difficulty. Great views. One of my favorite recent hikes. Trail is well marked and easy to follow.

I hiked this last year, and let me say, it does not disappoint. We took the harder (yet shorter!) trail, which ended up being much steeper than it's longer counterpart. If you're ready for a steep incline with some actual climbing involved, I'd say go for it! The view is worth it.