Blue Mountain Trail

Blue Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Mountain Lake, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

Great trail would give 5* prolly if I went up the fire tower. Not so much of a view in the large hangout area. Beautiful view on the backside of the fire tower. We brought our dog tiggy and was quite a highly trafficked trail. Even many kids. Trail is semi a gradual incline with boulders along the beaten path. Wasn't too wet altho the leaves and few wet areas made things slippery. I prolly need new hiking boots with a better tread.

Lots of fun! Beautiful views at the top.

This was not a hike for beginners. I’d say it’s a tough moderate. It is extremely rocky and slick in some areas. It is also pretty straight up with tons of rocks, so make sure you wear the proper boots. The view from the fire tower was breathtaking and that made it worth the cardiovascular workout to get there. Great fall hike as there were no bugs and the color was beautiful. We brought our

A very difficult moderate hike, but well worth the view at the top. Going up in mid summer was exhausting, taking brakes were stressful because of all the bugs that would swarm when you stopped moving. The view that the fire tower offers though is spectacular, and the peak has a nice a grassy opening place to sit and rest. Very rewarding, take as many breaks as you need to!

A little more than moderate but still manageable. We went on the same day that it rained and surprisingly it wasn’t very muddy or as slippery as we expected. My biggest set back was that when you get to the top, the views aren’t as good unless you climb the fire tower. It seems a little dilapidated, especially on a windy day, to climb the tower. Over all though, worth the trip up.

A very good hike for average and expert hikers. My father and I are a big fan of this hike. Such a good workout and an amazing view at the top. Definitely bring lots of water and some food/snacks.

Great diversity. Lots rocks to climb, but nothing too intense. Well marked. Great for a family day hike. We did it with 4 kids under 7 in the rain and it made for an unforgettable hike.

Very intense climb and descent especially after a rainy day. Steady, rocky incline. View is lovely but only from the tower. The climb down was tough. There are parts where you can go off to the sides to climb up/down roots instead of rocks but still can get slick. Husband and I both slid a bit at various points on the way down. Not in a hurry to do this one again soon but happy to check it off our list!