Black Rock Forest Trail

Black Rock Forest Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cornwall, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

Take Route 9w to the forest on the left northbound, right southbound.

We did an abridged version of this trail called Sutherland Pond/ Scenic Trail/ Eagle Cliff Loop from Mine Hill Road on NY/NJ Trail Conference website: https://www.nynjtc.org/hike/sutherland-pondscenic-traileagle-cliff-loop-mine-hill-road

The trails are all well labelled, and tho it says swimming, it's really a pond. Rocky slatey trail, may be strenuous for ppl with foot problems -- but my hiking companion has foot issues and was fine with it. The first part up from car to peak was somewhat strenuous but also relaxing. Good mix of uphill and flat. Good rock top hangout point view, but no breeze and for some reason didn't feel as expansive as other views in the area. It was also a million degrees out and 100% humid. Pond didn't seem cooling, like a good idea today.

Saw a handful of other hikers, but mostly had the trail to ourselves. Tho we arrived around 1, we got an elusive parking spot in the 5 car lot. BUT- we really wanted to swim, came here to swim. So once we checked out the pond, we hiked back the way we came bc it was faster and so didn't get to see what were apparently beautiful views on the blue trail, which was part of the abridged loop back to mine hill road.

would come back to do the complete loop or the longer trail, but not for swimming. however, there seems to be a different reservoir somewhere else on the longer trail?

This park has some great trails. I didn't plan it well with storms so will be back to do a longer version.

Easy hiking with numerous trails throughout Harvard Black Rock. Also had a wonderful time birdwatching in areas and loved the view from Eagle Cliff

This was pretty easy other than getting side tracked, lol. There are so many trails though. It was quiet for most of the hike. Only a few cars can park at lot.

Loved it! Blue trail was buggy... white trail was easy! I looked at the pictures people posted and I definitely need to come again to see more.

The Black Rock Trails are some of the gentlest in the region. Perfect for trail runs and not heavily trafficked.

found it to be easy. very tranquil

Nice trail, birds chirping and singing along the way. But be careful with ticks. I caught several bloody suckers on my poms. It's more grassy than other trails I've done.

Great day hike. Three summits