Black Creek Ridge and Wetlands Loop Trail

Black Creek Ridge and Wetlands Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rochester, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

The mileage in the description for this loop is not accurate-- the Ridge Trail is 1.4 miles long, and the Wetlands trail is 2.1 miles, so the loop of these two trails is 3.5 miles rather than 7.5. The trails are walking rather than hiking trails, and are generally flat, wide, mowed grass trails. Sections of the trail are very muddy, with parts ankle deep.

Very muddy and a lot of trees have fallen onto the path. I think the loop around the park was okay, but the trails within the loop looked more interesting (orange and blue I think).

Friday, July 15, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I hiked the trail and managed to accumulate 8.2 miles in total of decent hiking. I prefer the wooded area more than the cut outs, but they were nice as well. The orange blazed/flagged trail was great, with numerous blazes/flags to keep you on track. This was not really the case with other off shoots or appendages of the 2.9 Orange blazed long trail. The only time I could see where I was is when I would come across an intersection marker. For a moment there I didn't know where I was, or the direction I was heading. It would be much more enjoyable if the paths were indicated properly. It is a great park nevertheless. It is well maintained, clean, with wildlife visually present. A great place to be.

Friday, April 17, 2015

I got to see beautiful white tailed deer, you can definitely go bird watching there. Its muddy in some areas but its nature.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013