Black Creek Ridge and Wetlands Loop Trail

Black Creek Ridge and Wetlands Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rochester, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

If you are here for scenic views, be disappointed. If you are here to see nature and beautiful forest and wetland, look no farther. Birds sing, even late in the year. Deer bound across your way, and it is beautiful. A heron takes flight from the marshes and settles down again a distance away. Bring hiking boots, due to the mud. The trails are easily accessible, and at this time of year, the trails are mostly clear, save for the odd person Nordic walking the trails. However, the trail length of 7.5 miles is misleading. I followed the purple, then the green trails, and it came out to something like 4.0 miles. If you hiked all of the trails together, including the red and blue, you'd probably come out to 7.5 miles. Overall, though, it's definitely a place I'd come back to again, for hiking, birding, and just watching wildlife.

The mileage in the description for this loop is not accurate-- the Ridge Trail is 1.4 miles long, and the Wetlands trail is 2.1 miles, so the loop of these two trails is 3.5 miles rather than 7.5. The trails are walking rather than hiking trails, and are generally flat, wide, mowed grass trails. Sections of the trail are very muddy, with parts ankle deep.

Very muddy and a lot of trees have fallen onto the path. I think the loop around the park was okay, but the trails within the loop looked more interesting (orange and blue I think).

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Friday, July 15, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I hiked the trail and managed to accumulate 8.2 miles in total of decent hiking. I prefer the wooded area more than the cut outs, but they were nice as well. The orange blazed/flagged trail was great, with numerous blazes/flags to keep you on track. This was not really the case with other off shoots or appendages of the 2.9 Orange blazed long trail. The only time I could see where I was is when I would come across an intersection marker. For a moment there I didn't know where I was, or the direction I was heading. It would be much more enjoyable if the paths were indicated properly. It is a great park nevertheless. It is well maintained, clean, with wildlife visually present. A great place to be.

Friday, April 17, 2015

I got to see beautiful white tailed deer, you can definitely go bird watching there. Its muddy in some areas but its nature.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013