Black Bear Mountain Trail

Black Bear Mountain Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Inlet, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Moderate climb from inlet

Great medium length hike featuring 2 trails. You can take the shorter, steeper trail to the top or follow the longer, more level trail. My 6yo daughter and I opted for the longer trail and were able to complete the full hike, as well as spending 20-30 minutes at the top, in about 3 hours.

It's a decent hike with no major obstacles on the longer trail. The summit is gorgeous with a great view of the high peaks in the distance. It's also mostly rock at the top so there's very little foliage to obstruct the views.

I enjoyed the hike as well as the views at the top. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a partial-day hike with nice views at the destination.

Great hike took the steep trail it was a challenge but I enjoyed it.

skiing

This is a beautiful part-day outing on skis to a modest but worthwhile summit. I took the first branch, which was skiable for most of the way, then it got too narrow, windy and steep, so I put my skis on my pack and clambered up. There was only one difficult part: A low rock wall that required removing the pack and clamboring up. I crossed the flat summit and picked up the trial on the way down, mostly side-stepping until the trail flattened out. In deeper, fresher snow I might have tried skiing down from the summit. I look forward to hiking it and skiing it again next winter.

This trail was a lot of fun in the winter time. A couple friends and I took the shorter but steeper route in and back out. It was very icy in many places, and I would not recommend doing this in the winter months without at least a good set of microspikes. Ice mixed with some scrambling added an element of risk, but that extra challenge was part of what made it so enjoyable. Highly recommended.

beautiful view, not a tough hike but not super easy. overall highly recommended

Beautiful during fall season.

Great hike! The views at the top are amazing! Lots of room. Good hike for dogs as well!

Beautiful! A lot of room up top to hang out and absorb it all!!

Beautiful View! There's 2 summits to enjoy and there both great. The yellow trail was long but a bit easy.

great hike...make sure you get to the top. the loop is the best hike so you can all views.

Beautiful fall colors! Took the blue trail up and the yellow trail down. Both trails are very well marked and maintained.

Beautiful views, loved the boulder climb at the end on the blue trail. We took the yellow trail down