Big Slide Mountain via The Brothers

Big Slide Mountain via The Brothers is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Keene Valley, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

22 minutes ago

The closest I’ve been to rock climbing without actually rock climbing. I’ve only done four of the 46 high peaks, but this was definitely my favorite so far. There were constant challenges which kept things interesting.

3 rd high peak for me. Loved it

A bit of ice and snow. Excellent views of the high peaks.

I enjoyed the hike but the shuttle wasn't running on 10/21/2017. This adds 1.2 miles each way from the closest parking when garden is full. Please plan on this if you are looking at doing this hike soon.

Loved this hike! My 4th high peak...
Weather conditions today were perfect. About 60 degrees and needed a winter hat/gloves at times bc the wind got a little chilly. Took us about 5 hours total and we hung out at the top
For a while. Parts got a little muddy but nothing too bad. A few pretty steep rock walls to climb up too which were exciting. Overall great day and my favorite so far !

Short and sweet! Steep at times, great views from the brothers.