Bethpage Bikeway Trail

Bethpage Bikeway Trail is a 15.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bethpage, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Bethpage Bikeway generally follows the Parkway from the Massapequa Preserve in the South to Bethpage State Park in the North.The trail itself is an even paved surface for the entire length.

Yesterday was amazing I didn’t even know this trail was that long! I was able to see wild rabbits, ducks, geese and more! I love nature and the outdoors. I’m so proud of myself over 15 miles!!

Great scenic path. Fun for the whole family.

Rode it this past Sunday mid-morning with my 14 year old son. We started at the nothern most parking (which has space for 6 cars + 1 handicap spot). We rode to Sunrise Highway and back, about 20 miles round trip. As it got later in the morning, the path became more crowded mostly with pedestrians toward the southern end of the route. Similar to the Vanderbilt path, there were pedestrians and cyclists with ear plugs or headphones. Some cyclists were inexperienced on paths; stopping in the middle, pulling off to the left without looking behind...
All in all the path is nicely paved and is best for cycling in the morning on weekends, or possibly more times on weekdays.

First time .. a nice challenging experience!

Perfect trail for road bikes, running, walking, etc. there is a dirt trail that runs parallel for most of the time which is good for newbie trail bikers or any trail runners. Ended up in massapequa park. Not sure if this is considered the same trail but they merged seamlessly. Not too crowded was alone for 5-10 min stretches. Some dogs on leash. Will come again. $8 parking fee if you park in the bethpage lot.

Beautiful trail to walk on

good dirt trails for runs. slightly confusing splits, but good quality.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Easy ride, usually very crowded on weekends. The winds can make on direction or the other very tough.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Ride this 3-4 times a week, always a good ride, great views, mix of serious and leisurely cyclists.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Beautiful year round and easy for all ages.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Beautiful scenery, not to crowded. Very enjoyable.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Wish it would expand from north to south shore.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Great day, beautiful trails, so much wildlife and the smell of the flowers was everywhere. Clean trails and respectable people on the trail. Highly recommended......

Thursday, August 20, 2015

the section I was on was very wide. room for 2 bikes to ride side by side going either way with still room to maneuver if needed.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

I'm from out of town and found this while looking for a place to run. I saw many walkers on the trail as well as a few bikers. I saw no dogs on trail at all. I was on a small section that was beautifully paved. looks like a great place to possibly rollerblade too! I ran on a Thursday morning around 9-10am.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Amazing trail

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saw a cute little chipmunk cross our path while hubby and I rode our bikes from Old Bethage to
Bethpage ...can't wait for the leaves to change colors!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Why is there a law forbidding dogs but all I see is countless dogs? They ruin it. Fine the owners 500 dollars and watch how fast they stop bringing their dogs

Sunday, April 20, 2014

This is a great trail for Mountain Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, and Dual Sport Bikes. The trail can get a little rough for Road Bikes. The only problem is the stupid people with dogs. There are signs everywhere that state "NO DOGS ALLOWED". There are so many idiots with dogs on the trail that make it extremely dangerous for bike riders. I watched a couple in front of me enjoying their bike ride when a dog on a long leash ran in front of them and both the man and women fell off their bikes and hurt themselves bad. I felt terrible for them. I am not a dog hater. I have two dogs that I love and I would never bring either one of them onto this trail. There should be some official from the Town Of Oyster Bay or someone who can enforce this law. Also, along the way on the southern portion of the trail there are beautiful spots with benches to sit, take a break, and watch the beauty of the wildlife. This however is just about impossible when you have dogs barking their heads off scaring away all the ducks, swans, geese, and birds. Other than the dangerous and disruptive dogs, it is a great trail with both paved and dirt trails. When you are close to the Bethpage Golf course, the trail becomes hilly and is not for the beginner. If you are a beginner, just plan to walk your bikes up the hills. Again, someone needs to enforce the NO DOG LAW because if they did, this would be a gem in the middle of crowded streets filled with cars and trucks. Because no one is enforcing the NO DOG LAW I am giving this trail 3 Stars. Get rid of the damn dogs and I will give this trail 5 Stars.

Monday, December 31, 2012

I haven't biked the entire trail, just the lower part through the Massapequa Preserve. I love walking in the preserve. There is a nice paved trail on the East side of the woods, and a dirt trail ( good for walking or mountain bikes) on the West side of the Mass. Preserve. There is a pretty stream that runs along the paved trail. I have seen Blue Herons in here. And no ticks. Good in all seasons. Not supposed to have dogs, but people bring them in- stay to the dirt trails. Can be very busy in summer and on weekends.