Belfrey Mountain

Belfrey Mountain is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Witherbee, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy 0.8 mile RT hike on a wide access road to a firetower with a nice view. At 1840 feet, Belfry Mountain is a short hike (0.35 miles) to a summit of only 1840 feet but it offers a great view. The trail consists of a service road that is used for the communications tower at the top and the firetower.

Not a hike. I did this a month after having my hip labrum repaired and I was on crutches.
Do this if you are working towards your firetower badge. Otherwise do yourself a favor and pick a slightly challenging hike for far better views and more hiking effort/fun.

Great sunset. Just a short walk up a gravel road and you're there.

If you're in the area and want a quick stop this hike is definitely a cool place to go. It's quick, easy, and it's on a gravel road. Beautiful sights at the top of the fire tower.

Climbed up the fire-tower steps around dusk and although the hike is on a gravel road and not enjoyable at all, I loved the view from the top. I liked looking into Vermont's Green Mountains and also enjoyed doing a altitude comparison with the water tower that was to the north. I also liked looking out at the small town with the sky turning all shades of pink and purple. Hard to beat the effort to payoff ratio here.

very easy hike, took my son and i 5 minutes to the top. beautiful views from the top of the fire tower!

Incredibly easy! Google maps are horrible sometimes, when you get off 87 and onto Tracy road, follow it to a stop sign and take the left on Dalton something road/ County Route 70. The parking area is up ahead shortly on the right. Again, very easy.

8/26/16~75, mostly sunny. Parking lot is on the opposite side of the trail. Slight incline on a dirt road which turns into a trail right before the tower. Stay to your left, as there are some turns to your right that go no where. Trail is not marked. No bugs, no wildlife, 2 women on the trail, is the only people I saw. Quick hike but worth it when you get to the tower. Took my dog with me, total of .82 including going off the trail.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Easy hike for children. Good view from the top. Incredible views from the fire watch tower.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Super easy climb, barely a hike. Takes about 10 minutes at a slow pace. Great views, especially from the fire tower.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Completed this as part of the firetower challenge. Has to be the easiest hike ive ever done in my life. I wouldn't even call this a hike. you walk up an access road. took us 18 mins round trip and that was with climbing up the tower, taking some pics, and taking our time due to just hiking big slide mt right before this. (our legs were sore haha)

Beautiful day we went on tho, the foliage was gorgeous so the views were nice.