Beebe Hill

Beebe Hill is a 1.7 mile out and back trail located near East Chatham, New York and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fire tower, great views, easy hike Located near Austerlitz, Beebe Hill rises only 300 feet above the surrounding area. If you climb its fire tower though, you will be rewarded with great views. Begin by walking SW along the gravel road at the end of the pond. You can walk all the way to the top of the hill on this road. Instead though, take the foot trail that begins shortly on the right and which is a much more enjoyable walk. The trail, marked with red discs, passes through a mostly hard wood forest and climbs gradually to the top of the hill. After the sign-in register, you will cross a small creek on a foot bridge. You pass the "Chance of Thunder Lean-Too" and then a small pond (Opal Pond). Soon you are at the top of the hill. If you are not afraid of heights, climb the fire tower and enjoy the magnificient views. The Catskill mountains are clearly visible to the south. Return by the same trail.

Million dollar view for such a local kid friendly hike. I also saw a fisher king here once.

easy trail, nice view from firetower

Had a lovely time here! I am driving across America in my VW camper so I am always looking for places to park for free and be close to nature. We climbed up the fire tower and cooked breakfast & coffee up there on our little stove, such a wonderful experience.

Short easy hike with a wonderful firetower payoff!! Enjoyed it very much even though it was April and felt like mid February. Also in addition to the 360 degree views from the tower I saw 2 Barred owls!!

Nice short hike with a very nice reward at the top. The 360 degree view from the top of the fire tower is worth it. Great short hike for kids.

There's a great fire tower to climb. Bring bug spray!

Spectacular views from the tower!

Great hike. Not too difficult. The view from the fire tower was beautiful!

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Great hike for limited time. Awesome views!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Easy 15 minutes up and 15 back just ok if your hitting fire towers other than that kinda a waste with the Catskills around

Friday, June 16, 2017

Great trail for a quick hike and a little exercise. Ferns cover the forest floor, shelter and fire tower at the top. A little hike with a bit of everything.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

This is an easy quick hike. Beautiful views from the tower. Trail was flooded in a few spots.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

has anyone gotten to this trail using Engel Road?

Friday, February 24, 2017

Quick, fun. Very icy & muddy on an unseasonable 70 degree February day - spikes would have helped a lot. Still only took around an hour and a half. More wildlife tracks than human, and great views from the tower!

With the snow and ice I did lose the trail a few times in the middle. Keep a good eye. Nothing cool about getting lost on a mile-long trail!

Monday, November 07, 2016

easy, nice, beautiful view:)

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Very easy trail. Nice view from fire tower.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Perfect for 6 and 9 year olds!

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

I love this trail, my family and I use it atleast 2-3 a week during warm weather months. It is great for dogs. There is a small pond located near the top of the trail, by the firepower. There is also a cool campsite area with a lean-to and a fire pit if you are looking to camp. I have not explored any of the side trails yet, just the main foot path.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Good hike! About 45 minutes from Delmar. 2 miles round trip. Cool fire tower.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Perfect. Short drive from my house. Easy walk, and great view to the end. Kids loved it.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Short hike at about a mile to the fire tower. The views are great about 2/3 the way up the tower. If you do not like to climb towers there are no views. There are also a few other trails around the parking lot that gave me 3 miles total and a pretty old burial ground. Nice little hike that took me about 1.5 hours with my additional trails.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL views! I went up there for sunset and I must admit, without question, was the most beautiful sunset I have seen in my entire life! Just make sure you leave the fire tower around 8, or else you will be caught in the dark on the way down! Took me a little less than about 20 minutes to get to the top. Very easy hike, highly recommend for families!

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

This was a great hike. My girlfriend and I decided to do this one on a whim.
Despite the fact that there is a sign that says to climb the fire tower at your own risk - it is very stable and worth climbing. The view is great.
The overall hike was easy, not too steep. We were up and back in just over an hour.
Here is our trip log from the hike that has pictures and some helpful information:

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Short but good hike. Slight uphill on the way to the tower. There is a lean-to hidden off the trail. Didn't get to go up the fire tower because a large group of people ahead of us and we were on a time schedule. But looked nice!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The views from the fire tower at sunset were outstanding.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Enjoyed this short hike with a group of friends including 5 kids - great views for such a short hike. Perfect for families.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

I hike and backpack all over (even ADK High Peaks) whenever I get a chance. What a gem and practically in my back yard! It's super easy for me-but would be perfect for my autistic daughter. The fire tower affords stunning views and must be spectacular at peak leaf peeping season. If you park at the westernmost lot off 203 (Stonewall Rd to Engle Rd), it's a .5 mile gravel road hike to fire tower-and not more than .25 miles to lean to. Perfect for beginner backpacking, (hiking or anyone that wants less strenuous quick hike), as from this entrance it is only a 300ft elevation climb. Plenty of tent space around lean to-and a big fire pit. I'd stay tonight if I could. Can't wait to come back and spend a few days exploring the trails here and at Harvey!!

Monday, September 09, 2013

Short but still challenging hike. Beautiful and fulfilling views from the top of the firetower, totally worth it.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Short trail, but a great view from the fire tower at the of the trail.