Bear Spring Mountain Campground

Bear Spring Mountain Campground is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Downsville, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Walton, NY: Travel approximately 5 miles southeast along SR 206 and follow signs to the campground.

Great campgrounds, not as busy as others, which is perfect if you want a getaway with the family. There is a bit of through traffic between campsites and the pond, which is the only reason I give it a 4/5. It’s well maintained and if you absolutely HAVE to leave the grounds for emergency supplies etc., it’s not too far away. I highly recommend this site.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

There is a larger trail not shown on this map. See attached photo. Launt Pond is great for kids kayaking.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Yes I know what you think, but my kids love it.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

This place is in the middle of nowhere..right where I like to be. Nothing but heavy woods, endless hiking, trout steams, and an occasional pipe you'll see coming straight out the side of the mountain with cold, clean water running out of it where you can drink straight from the pipe. I happened to have camped there on a Fourth of July one year where we came from our campsite down into the little town of Downsville, and experienced something just like in the movie Doc Hollywood.