Bayard Cutting Arboretum Loop

Bayard Cutting Arboretum Loop is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Great River, New York that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding.

Bayard Cutting Arboretum

This is a great spot. A lot of variety, and so many side trails you can explore. We went there with 2.5 hours to spend, and I felt I needed a whole day to see everything! beautiful views of the water and if you go off the path in the the wooded trails, you can hear and see a decent amount of wildlife. We wound up walking over 3 miles total and didn't even do half of it. Beautiful trees and nature, a lot to see and just overall a really clean and great experience. We brought our 3.5 year old and she loved every minute of it too.

Great trails with lots of flowers and plants to enjoy, and plenty of wildlife. Park also includes an old mansion with a large open rear yard bordering the bay. Just double check the hours before you go, they are private owned so they close early. Also I believe it is paid parking.

Sunday, August 23, 2015