Baxter Mountain

Baxter Mountain is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Keene, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Beautiful summit, continue past the false summit and go to the very top! Very beautiful further up!

Mothers Day Hike with my wife and our 3 kids (9,8 and 4). Everyone enjoyed the hike. We also stayed right off the trail. Views from peak were tough with fog and rain but awesome day to be in the woods. Took less than 2 hours with 4 year old in tow.

This was a winter hike that I did and it was real pleasant. Nice views of the Great Range. The snow was hard and crunchy as we wore microspikes/hiking crampons. The trail became busy when we were heading down.

Nice easy kid friendly hike! Hiked carrying my 3.5 yr old son on my back with no problem! The views were spectacular!

Wonderful perfect for kids. It was peak and just beautiful. Short hike great view

Nice short hike with great views within, not above, the mountains. Very nice summit. Met some nice folks on top.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Saturday, May 28, 2016

This trail was short and moderate in climb. The View was amazing and i would recommend to anyone for a great hike with little work. I do want to mention the trailhead is not correct in All Trails. It is on 9N but before you enter Keene not in the village of Keene like it shows on the map.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Great views!! Easy for anyone who was a short hike

Thursday, May 19, 2016

I have hiked this trail on numerous occasions and find myself always wanting to come back. I recommend this trail to anyone who is looking for a mountain with fantastic Adirondack views, but either wants or needs something that is on the easier side. The last time I hiked here, it was a warmer day, in the 80's but even with the warm weather, and some of our crew having health issues, we did not struggle at all and truly enjoyed our day. Highly recommended!