Baxter Mountain

Baxter Mountain is a 1.9 mile out and back trail located near Keene, New York that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

This was a winter hike that I did and it was real pleasant. Nice views of the Great Range. The snow was hard and crunchy as we wore microspikes/hiking crampons. The trail became busy when we were heading down.

Wonderful perfect for kids. It was peak and just beautiful. Short hike great view

Nice short hike with great views within, not above, the mountains. Very nice summit. Met some nice folks on top.

This trail was short and moderate in climb. The View was amazing and i would recommend to anyone for a great hike with little work. I do want to mention the trailhead is not correct in All Trails. It is on 9N but before you enter Keene not in the village of Keene like it shows on the map.

Great views!! Easy for anyone who was a short hike

I have hiked this trail on numerous occasions and find myself always wanting to come back. I recommend this trail to anyone who is looking for a mountain with fantastic Adirondack views, but either wants or needs something that is on the easier side. The last time I hiked here, it was a warmer day, in the 80's but even with the warm weather, and some of our crew having health issues, we did not struggle at all and truly enjoyed our day. Highly recommended!

A short and sweet hike. Only 2.2 miles round trip and very moderate incline. A wonderful choice for kids, groups, and dogs (who would be on a leash, of course!) who want to get out and enjoy some fresh air. This hike is a big bang for your buck as you have wonderful views during the easygoing trip up. You can also split from the path (you'll see a sign) to go on a nature preserve walk, although I continued up the mountain path.

Nice sunny warm day. Trail was wet in a few spots but not too bad. Excellent views on top, make sure you keep going to the true summit.

Although short, a very good warmup hike for the morning. Great cafe in Keene, ADK Cafe. Completed 9/6/13.

Short, fun trail off of Route 9 near Keene. We did it on a cloudy/thundersormy day where all the high peaks were socked in. There is not an open summit but plenty of lookouts up top of Giant, Keene Valley and the High Peaks. Plenty of parking along the route 9. took about 75 min up and back.