Barnes Creek Three Falls Trail

Barnes Creek Three Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Canandaigua, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

This was a nice relatively quick hike up the creek bed. From my understanding the creek bed is on private property, but there was really not any signs posting so when I went. So I just went all the way up the creek bed.

The first waterfall is pretty close to the start and looks kind of like a water slide. You use ropes that are already there to aid climbing up. Not too far past that is the second waterfall. To the left of it are ropes to aid you climb up a very steep portion. Not to worry!! There are many hand and feet holds to aid as you climb.

I continued up through nice stream bed and some cool water formations. There were quite a few frogs the further up toward Seneca Point Road that I got. It will eventually split, to the left is a big culvert. To the right is a bit longer, but has some cool rock/water formations. Ultimately ending at a culvert as well.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST bringing water shoes so that you can wade through the creek. The cool water get very nice on my feet on the 80 degree day of which I went.

A moderate trail to walk on through wooded areas.

nice easy trail to hike or run

difficult to find the trail at first.....but mostly because of the fallen leaves, which made it pretty slippery... but the waterfalls were totally worth it.

lots of fun remember keep going to get to the good part

Great for kids with water shoes!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Great hike. Dangerous and slip hazard. Taking a dog is not a great plan. Other than that, great for older kids! Amazing waterfalls!!!!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday, November 14, 2015

This was a pretty nice hike. There was some climbing involved but nothing that felt sketchy as there were always good foot and hand holds or ropes to get you up. My one complaint is that it was short; you run into private property pretty early on and while I did hike some ways up this I eventually turned back because of how many signs there were. The water was low when I went so it was really easy to hike right up the creek bed, and with boots you can easily stay dry. I'd recommend this if you're looking for a quick gully hike, or as a great cap on a day of hiking if you go to one of the nearby trails first and finish with this one (Conklin Gully or Grimes Glen.)

geocaching