Balm of Gilead Trail

Balm of Gilead Trail is a 2 mile out and back trail located near North River, New York that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing.

I don't know why this hike is considered difficult. We've hiked in many times including snow shoe trips in winter. Recently hiked with young parents carrying a year old daughter without any effort. Wonderful views of 13th Lake. A senior citizen hiker.

Hiked this trail on March 23rd. Used snowshoes. We took a side trail to the Hooper mine to make it a loop. Beautiful views from the top. Great place for a picnic in the summer.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hiked this trail since I was little, I love it and continue to hike it every year!!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hiked this trail in November with my two boys ages 5 and 3 along with 4 friends all with kids. It provides challenging terrain for the little ones and I can see why it wound be better for snowshoeing. I would not hike this trail again. Too short for adults and too rugged for little hikers. The view is nice and it is a very short climb.