Azure Mountain Firetower

Azure Mountain Firetower is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Waverly, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

ice climbing

rock climbing

skiing

historic site

Beautiful! I would say this is the best bang for your buck among all of the fire tower trails we've done so far. It took us ~45 minutes to climb up. Trail is pretty steep but not difficult. It just keeps going up!
Not very wet and had great views from both the tower and the rock face summit. Would hike again!

Never found the trail. What a disappointment.

Relatively quick hike with a nice view. Unfortunately the fire tower was being painted and was closed today. It has been a wet summer, so the trail is pretty wet and muddy in quite a few places. Definitely recommend proper footwear!

Hard to find...I thought.. sign says Deer trail ... but eventually I found it. Nice hike, beautiful vista at the top! Moderately steep at points... wet sections as well! But a good day!

The trail is well maintained. It is suitable for families with small children. There are only about two spots that are tricky when wet. It took my son and I that are somewhat athletic less than two hours round trip with ample time to enjoy the view at the top. There was a volunteer present on the weekend at the summit that gave us a ticket/keepsake showing that we completed the climb. The fire tower was in good repair which provide an additional perspective.

Easier every time.

Amazing views!

This trail is very well maintained. There are only two or three spots that are slightly tricky when wet if you are towing a baby. If you go slow, it is completely doable. I did the entire mountain barefoot just for the heck of it.

Pretty easy. First hike of the season wearing my toddler and I didn't realize how much bigger he is now. Bugs were bad but that's to be expected this time of year. Amazing view at the top!

Good bang for your buck. Me and my three year old daughter did this in about an hour. Tower is nice and has great views. Not difficult at all.

Gorgeous 180 degree views from the peak. Stunning 360 degree view from the fire tower. An extremely great, yet challenging hike for being under 3,000 ft. Car to summit took 35 min for the out of shape me and my girlfriend.