Azure Mountain Firetower

Azure Mountain Firetower is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Waverly, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

skiing

historic site

13 minutes ago

Fun short hike. Beautiful view from top. 35 mins up (I’m mid-30’s, fit and got some good sweat going) 20 mins down. Several families with small children doing it. Group next to us at top said it took them 50 mins with two kids under 6 years old.

Nice work out! Up the mountain most of the way. Fantastic view at the top. Bring some lunch and enjoy the food and view. Took me 1 hr and 10 min. I took my time, pictures and chatted w fellow hikers.
Back down it took me 30 min.

very nice trail.challenging your at an steep incline tge whole way.watch your step you dont wanna fall. the view is worth it.

try to get this hike in once a year! love the view

Absolutely amazing views from the summit as well as the fire tower! Took 45 min to ascend with a 30+lb child in my back. Total trip down was 30 min. Well worth the trip!

Good hike rewarding view

Hiked 6/19/18. Short trail but pretty steep! Loved the nice little open summit and restored fire tower. The views were absolutely spectacular from the tower and the summit. Took approximately 1 1/2 hrs round trip. 23rd fire tower.

A beautiful, easy jaunt with a great view.

Picture two out of shape Moms, an almost 8-year-old boy, and a 9-year-old girl. Moms were dying. This was a very steep hike from the get go. We made several stops just to catch our breath, and a few more stops to sit and rest. The kids, however? Well obviously they ran to the top, annoyed with us for making them stop to wait for us. Once we reached the summit, it was so worth it. This summit has some amazing views! We did talk with the steward and the kids received cards with their name and date as a keepsake. We climbed the firetower to find even better views! We did spend quite a bit of time at the summit, and yet it was just about two hours total hiking time. I hadn’t seen this mentioned in other reviews, but there is an outhouse in the parking area, but no other facilities, so bring supplies with you.

Great hike. It was a beautiful day. A few bugs in the woods but not too bad. Only a couple muddy spots.

Great season hike! Slightly muddy, very steep in places I recommend spikes. Fire tower view is amazing especially to the southeast.

Great trail to start the year off

Great hike. A little slippery and muddy right now but worth the climb.

Easy 600 vertical over a mile up to a refurbished fire towel. Easy parking some ice and an inch of fresh snow made an enjoyable couple of hours. Cabin is open and blocks the wind for views of northern NYS

Hiked Thanksgiving day. Saw one young lady and a hunter. Completely socked in as she called it and she was right. At 3:00pm there was not one view to be had. Left a few stones and crystals Ive been waiting to place up there for years and quickly made my exit. Will be back for views. Bring traction. Winter is here for sure.

This was my first mountain hiking and it was beautiful ! Steep but no to bad, it was all worth it!!!

Was a great hike . The view on top of mountain was Beautiful . I climbed my first Fire Tower here today !

great hike....harder than Arab, but very doable....we are far from experienced hikers....go and enjoy the view...especially in the fall

great ride.....

Beautiful! I would say this is the best bang for your buck among all of the fire tower trails we've done so far. It took us ~45 minutes to climb up. Trail is pretty steep but not difficult. It just keeps going up!
Not very wet and had great views from both the tower and the rock face summit. Would hike again!

Never found the trail. What a disappointment.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Relatively quick hike with a nice view. Unfortunately the fire tower was being painted and was closed today. It has been a wet summer, so the trail is pretty wet and muddy in quite a few places. Definitely recommend proper footwear!

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Hard to find...I thought.. sign says Deer trail ... but eventually I found it. Nice hike, beautiful vista at the top! Moderately steep at points... wet sections as well! But a good day!

Saturday, July 01, 2017

The trail is well maintained. It is suitable for families with small children. There are only about two spots that are tricky when wet. It took my son and I that are somewhat athletic less than two hours round trip with ample time to enjoy the view at the top. There was a volunteer present on the weekend at the summit that gave us a ticket/keepsake showing that we completed the climb. The fire tower was in good repair which provide an additional perspective.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Easier every time.

Amazing views!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

This trail is very well maintained. There are only two or three spots that are slightly tricky when wet if you are towing a baby. If you go slow, it is completely doable. I did the entire mountain barefoot just for the heck of it.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Pretty easy. First hike of the season wearing my toddler and I didn't realize how much bigger he is now. Bugs were bad but that's to be expected this time of year. Amazing view at the top!

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Good bang for your buck. Me and my three year old daughter did this in about an hour. Tower is nice and has great views. Not difficult at all.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Gorgeous 180 degree views from the peak. Stunning 360 degree view from the fire tower. An extremely great, yet challenging hike for being under 3,000 ft. Car to summit took 35 min for the out of shape me and my girlfriend.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Great hike and amazing views. Fire tower at the summit has incredible views also