Azure Mountain Firetower

Azure Mountain Firetower is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Waverly, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

ice climbing

rock climbing

skiing

historic site

Hiked Thanksgiving day. Saw one young lady and a hunter. Completely socked in as she called it and she was right. At 3:00pm there was not one view to be had. Left a few stones and crystals Ive been waiting to place up there for years and quickly made my exit. Will be back for views. Bring traction. Winter is here for sure.

This was my first mountain hiking and it was beautiful ! Steep but no to bad, it was all worth it!!!

Was a great hike . The view on top of mountain was Beautiful . I climbed my first Fire Tower here today !

great hike....harder than Arab, but very doable....we are far from experienced hikers....go and enjoy the view...especially in the fall

great ride.....

Beautiful! I would say this is the best bang for your buck among all of the fire tower trails we've done so far. It took us ~45 minutes to climb up. Trail is pretty steep but not difficult. It just keeps going up!
Not very wet and had great views from both the tower and the rock face summit. Would hike again!

Never found the trail. What a disappointment.

Relatively quick hike with a nice view. Unfortunately the fire tower was being painted and was closed today. It has been a wet summer, so the trail is pretty wet and muddy in quite a few places. Definitely recommend proper footwear!

Hard to find...I thought.. sign says Deer trail ... but eventually I found it. Nice hike, beautiful vista at the top! Moderately steep at points... wet sections as well! But a good day!

The trail is well maintained. It is suitable for families with small children. There are only about two spots that are tricky when wet. It took my son and I that are somewhat athletic less than two hours round trip with ample time to enjoy the view at the top. There was a volunteer present on the weekend at the summit that gave us a ticket/keepsake showing that we completed the climb. The fire tower was in good repair which provide an additional perspective.