Ausable Chasm

Ausable Chasm is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

As one of the earliest and oldest attractions in the USA, Ausable Chasm has developed a history filled with adventures, disasters, and many famous visitors. Since 1870, more than 10 million visitors have witnessed what mother nature has provided: a uniquely-carved, vertical-walled canyon made of 500 million year old rock.

My son (9yrs) and I did this trail and the tube ride it was beautiful and I highly recommend it! Beautiful view, in a more than relaxing environment, with some dose of excitement. GET OUT AND PLAY!!

Super easy hike! Beautiful & interesting views around every corner. We did the river rafting as well. Over all a great experience. Great for all ages. Can't wait to bring my kids one day!

Beautiful, and a wonderful hike for all ages! Many stunning views along the way. My 9 year old daughter absolutely loved our hike in the Chasm. We did the Inner Sanctum trail and stopped to take in the views along the way. If you're a local, you get a discount off the admission price as well.

Beautiful views of a natural land formation-rocks and river. Several activities available as well as more challenging mountain rappelling and rock climbing.

Monday, June 19, 2017