Artist's Rock, Sunset Rock, and Newman's Ledge via Mary's Glen Trail

Artist's Rock, Sunset Rock, and Newman's Ledge via Mary's Glen Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tannersville, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Haines Falls, NY: The trailhead is located within the North Lake Campground. The campground is located 3 miles east off SR 23A. Turn north onto O'Hara Road and travel 2.5 miles to the campground entrance.

1 hour ago

Great trail. Lots of beautiful views, fun rock scrambles and easy enough for the pups. Great pine forest trail also.

Beautiful views. Great hike. Different terrain and varying degrees of inclines.

Really good hike, with great views at both Artist and Sunset Rock. Unfortunately we didn't do the entire loop, so I can't comment on the back-half of the hike. This hike is inside the North-South Lake park, and it's $10 to park for the day. Probably nice to camp here and then do this hike one of the days you're there.

Came here mid-September, was a bit muddy and slippery, but really not bad. A bit buggy in the beginning, bring spray. Lots of families on the hike, good for kids. Recommended.

Absolutely incredible trail. I can't talk enough about it. Captivating views of the entire surrounding area from multiple vantage points. Climbing is extremely fun as well.

One of my favorite trails for families. Amazing views and easy enough for younger kids.

I really enjoyed this trial and glad my girl picked it out as the one we're doing that weekend (June 10th) because it was my first hike in a while. I give this 5 stars because it wasn't crowded, and I feel like it could be enjoyed by hikers at every level. It's rated as moderate but I would rate this trail as a high easy to low moderate. Some great views on the initially 2 miles up as well as some rock climbing and weaving in and out of the woods. Super cool! We headed up towards North Point and passed a few young kids like 4-5 year olds that were cruising along loving the outdoors. It was a beautiful day out and it had rained the past few days so we passed Katerskills on the drive up from NYC and the falls were flowing baby!! As we started out on our hike we saw this beautiful huge doe that was just walking along probably about 30-40 yards away from us.

Got to North Point which the last quarter mile was nice and up!! We ate some lunch, took in the views and chatted with the super friendly, detailed oriented, and informative Steward (I'm so sorry I forgot your name) that was just their to watch over us hikers and answer questions. The bugs this hike were pretty bad but they don't seem to bother me like some others but always have some repellent in your backpack.

I think my favorite part of the hike by far was the walk down Mary's Glenn back to the lake and the campgrounds where we parked. We were warned that it was muddy and a bit more challenging and it was so that's for the tips from the guys at batmans cave. It was wet and a bit muddy but for most of the trail we walked along water, through water, over water, rock hopped (so much fun). Saw a few small waterfalls and the constant sound of flowing water was beautiful and the woods were so serene. We did the 5 mile loop and all in all it was great!

Would definitely recommend this hike to anyone for sure!