Algonquin Peak and Wright Peak Loop Trail

Algonquin Peak and Wright Peak Loop Trail is a 11.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lake Placid, New York that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

41 minutes ago

Outstanding. Wish we had time to include Iroquois. However the view was so amazing that I'm looking forward to hiking it again; that's not something I generally say about a high peak.

Steep!

Great trail with a lot of rock hoping. Not for people with weak knees.

Good challenge.

Great hike the kids loved the rocks, lots of fun blabbing all the way up, not so much going down less blabbing more concentration. Good hiking shoes and wind breaker a must.

My wife and I climbed this mountain. it was our first mountain and it was an insane experience. definitely a lot of rocks and your feet/calves/shoulders will be sore the next day. the view was absolutely amazing. we each drank freshly juiced beet/carrot/kale/ &green apple juice the morning before and i feel that it helped SO much(highly recommend if you have a juicer). At the end of the day I believe that this hike is Mind over Matter type of challenge if you are concerned about whether you can handle it. I also believe that the challenge is 100% there if you are concerned it will not be challenging enough. Hope you enjoy the Hike!

I hadn't gone hiking in about two years before attempting Algonquin Peak this past weekend. Being in average shape, reading these reviews prior to our hike made me pretty nervous and hesitant. Nonetheless, we decided to challenge ourselves and attempt Algonquin. The first 1.5 miles or so of the trail were fairly easy, but then came the rock scrambling...and a lot of it. Some parts were very steep and slippery/wet, especially closer to the top. I cannot stress the importance of having proper footwear and enough water and snacks. Personally, I thought that the descent was much more challenging than the ascent. However, the views from the summit were stunning, making the whole challenge 100000% worth it. I am so glad that I pushed myself and was able to complete the hike!

Brilliant stuff! We just completed this loop over 2 days camping near Lake Colden.

As many reviews state, this is a very challenging hike, especially with 30lb backpacks on. The loop is beautiful including a lot of different landscapes and highlights along the way. The loop is quite a leisurely adventure heading through Avalanche Lake and Lake Colden. Be prepared for a long and steep incline and decline heading to Algonquin and back with proper footwear and enough water. We really didn't expect it to be as challenging as it was. But 1000% worth it!