Winsor Trail

Winsor Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wouldn't rate this as an easy trail. It's all down hill on your way in. Once you pass the stream it's up hill, I hiked well pass the end of the trail according to the app and didn't see any of these peaks and clearing. Just a wooden "teepee". So if you are going to see an amazing view good luck! I couldn't find it. The hike out with the incline is why I'd rate this trail moderate.

Not sure where these pictures showing summits are from, but that isn't this trail. Like a previous reviewer said, it is mostly downhill first, then uphill on the way back. The trail itself is very nice, and crosses a stream and a couple meadows. However, based on the length and amount of incline I'd rate it as moderate. Also, out of staters who live at sea level will find this hike pretty challenging. My wife and I were fine, but our SoCal friend was not :P

A very beautiful and fun trail!! it was raining a little when we got there but that just made it even better. It's mostly downhill in and uphill on the way out. And it's definitely good for doggos and kids.

amazing

Friday, October 14, 2016

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A beautiful trail to hike!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

The Winsor Trail is actually a national scenic trail that can be accessed from several trailheads. The first is in the town of Tesuque, next from the Santa Fe Ski Basin, and finally from the town of Cowles. About half of the trail goes through the Pecos Wilderness and provides access to about three alpine lakes and Winsor creek. This is one of the most beautiful trails in the area, and it has incredible fall aspen displays. I highly recommend this hike.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Amazing system of trails. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to hiking, but we were in the Santa Fe area and wanted to explore a bit. We started off in the dried up creek bed about a mile? maybe 2 miles? West of the main entrance of Hyde Park

Monday, July 22, 2013

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I have biked the Windsor for 14 years now. Always a thrill, many shallow creek crossings make this trail a jewel.

Friday, September 23, 2011

A multi-level trail for hikers of different ages and skill levels. I have never the whole system so I have plenty of new trail segments to try.