Winsor Trail

Winsor Trail is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

This is, hands down, some of the best downhill biking I've done! (Maybe I should get out more?) We did make the mistake of starting at the Ski Basin only to walk our bikes uphill to the Norski TH. (Hint: Just start there!) The trail is well maintained and was such a fun ride! My 11 & 13 year old loved it, too!

This is such a beautiful trail! We did this hike, and many others, during our time in NM. If you have the time be sure to turn off on some of the trails along the way, as there are some beautiful surprises. We followed a tip by another hiker and went down a trail (I believe it was called "Trail #160) to the left shortly the wooden walk-way over a creek and ended up going through a bunch of aspen trees and out into a huge open valley, which our dogs LOVED! Awesome area, enjoy!

Great trail year round. Beautiful scenery and outlooks. I live the sound of the falls along the river.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

First time mountain biking and I chose to bomb down this beauty of a trail. I've done it a few different times now and every time is breath taking. Greats views and shoots out near TVM

Saturday, June 24, 2017

If you hike New Mexico you will know that there is a lot of deferred maintenance on the trails. Winsor trail was adopted by the local mountain biking club and is amazingly smooth and beautiful. You will see many more tire tracks on this trail than boot . If you start at the main ski areas parking you will hike for about 3/4 of a mile only to connect with another access point for the trail from the road. This access appears to be a cross country ski track and it's about a half mile from the main entrance of the ski area. So you can start here or in the main parking lot. Finally the AllTrails app is way off on the elevation you lose about 3000 feet rather than some 300. Also an out and back on this trail would be about 19 miles.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A great hike. I've been going there for more than 20 years and I never get bored.

Friday, September 23, 2016

beautiful!

Friday, June 24, 2016

Beautiful but tough. I love the aspens, though.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Start from parking lot Ski Santa Fe - at trail head you begin with a series of switch backs - was (for me) the most difficult part of this trail (especially since it was was our first day at altitude) - you gain a saddle and fence/gate - the Winsor continues thru the gate - trail evens out nicely from here and is nice brisk walk - we stopped at bridge crossing pretty stream (and also point where the Winsor meets with the trail going up to Nambe Lake) - we had passed a backpacker coming out who told us the trail to Nambe was "a bitch" - so, we elected (on our first day hike in the area) NOT to try that part of the trail - lots of beautiful trees, very well maintained trail, you'll see lots of hikers due to the popularity of the area - you'll LOVE it!

Friday, January 30, 2015

From the Nordic Ski Trail, we snowshoed downwards. It nice winding trail, through some beautiful valleys and evergreen pine trees. The snow was new and fresh allowing us to form our own tracks. When not in the sun it can be cold, but that was not often. Now we hiked down three miles, going back up was a work out. great for winter shoe shoeing and any other time hiking!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I've done this trail several times. Ive done it three times in January this year. You need spikes for the ice at the start of trail up at Ski Santa Fe. Nice igloo on the hike

Friday, January 10, 2014

Definitely need snow shoes if you go this time of year..I couldn't pass half way due to ice....very fun though...looking forward to go on spiky shoes or on a different time of year

Friday, October 11, 2013

The overview states it's primarily used for "hiking and Mountain biking", but most of this trail is in the Pecos Wilderness Area and bicycles are prohibited there. It is a great hiking trail and it hooks up with other trails in a wonderful wilderness.

Thursday, June 07, 2012

This trail is very busy during the summer months. About once a year, I get up there on my horse and clear branches and debris from the trail. Expect lots friendly locals with dogs. Views are awesome from Puerto Nambe.

Friday, July 02, 2010

Awesome run if you don't mind getting wet.

Sunday, June 18, 2017