Winsor Trail

Winsor Trail is a 10.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

Great trail year round. Beautiful scenery and outlooks. I live the sound of the falls along the river.

First time mountain biking and I chose to bomb down this beauty of a trail. I've done it a few different times now and every time is breath taking. Greats views and shoots out near TVM

If you hike New Mexico you will know that there is a lot of deferred maintenance on the trails. Winsor trail was adopted by the local mountain biking club and is amazingly smooth and beautiful. You will see many more tire tracks on this trail than boot . If you start at the main ski areas parking you will hike for about 3/4 of a mile only to connect with another access point for the trail from the road. This access appears to be a cross country ski track and it's about a half mile from the main entrance of the ski area. So you can start here or in the main parking lot. Finally the AllTrails app is way off on the elevation you lose about 3000 feet rather than some 300. Also an out and back on this trail would be about 19 miles.

A great hike. I've been going there for more than 20 years and I never get bored.

Friday, September 23, 2016

beautiful!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Friday, June 24, 2016

Beautiful but tough. I love the aspens, though.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Start from parking lot Ski Santa Fe - at trail head you begin with a series of switch backs - was (for me) the most difficult part of this trail (especially since it was was our first day at altitude) - you gain a saddle and fence/gate - the Winsor continues thru the gate - trail evens out nicely from here and is nice brisk walk - we stopped at bridge crossing pretty stream (and also point where the Winsor meets with the trail going up to Nambe Lake) - we had passed a backpacker coming out who told us the trail to Nambe was "a bitch" - so, we elected (on our first day hike in the area) NOT to try that part of the trail - lots of beautiful trees, very well maintained trail, you'll see lots of hikers due to the popularity of the area - you'll LOVE it!