Winsor Trail

Winsor Trail is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

This is such a beautiful trail! We did this hike, and many others, during our time in NM. If you have the time be sure to turn off on some of the trails along the way, as there are some beautiful surprises. We followed a tip by another hiker and went down a trail (I believe it was called "Trail #160) to the left shortly the wooden walk-way over a creek and ended up going through a bunch of aspen trees and out into a huge open valley, which our dogs LOVED! Awesome area, enjoy!

Great trail year round. Beautiful scenery and outlooks. I live the sound of the falls along the river.

First time mountain biking and I chose to bomb down this beauty of a trail. I've done it a few different times now and every time is breath taking. Greats views and shoots out near TVM

If you hike New Mexico you will know that there is a lot of deferred maintenance on the trails. Winsor trail was adopted by the local mountain biking club and is amazingly smooth and beautiful. You will see many more tire tracks on this trail than boot . If you start at the main ski areas parking you will hike for about 3/4 of a mile only to connect with another access point for the trail from the road. This access appears to be a cross country ski track and it's about a half mile from the main entrance of the ski area. So you can start here or in the main parking lot. Finally the AllTrails app is way off on the elevation you lose about 3000 feet rather than some 300. Also an out and back on this trail would be about 19 miles.

A great hike. I've been going there for more than 20 years and I never get bored.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Friday, September 23, 2016

beautiful!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Friday, June 24, 2016

Beautiful but tough. I love the aspens, though.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016