Williams Lake Trail

Williams Lake Trail is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The terrain was very rocky for many parts so be sure to wear your hiking boots. That was probably the hardest part for us because we wore tennis shoes, so our feet were/are still killing us. The hike was uphill and can be pretty difficult if you aren't acclimated to the elevation or aren't in good enough shape. It had many parts that were so beautiful and the lake was breathtaking. Tons of people on the trail when we went which was a bit of a negative for us.

Beautiful hike with a lovely lake.

Wow it's all I can say. Very steep climb but with plenty of beautiful surprises waterfall boulders and the you come to this lovely lake and it felt so spiritual. Will definitely do again. If you want to see where God lives you've come to the right trail.

My fiancé and I go once or twice a year together and every time is feels like a new experience. Easy trail with small varying terrain changes. Corn Husk Lilies and blue spruce 

This trail was definitely uphill the whole way but it was worth it. The end result is a beautiful lake and huge mountains with snow on them.

Amazing trail. I did have trouble in the beginning because of the altitude being im from florida this was definitely hard on me. I brought my two dogs with me, they enjoyed the whole trail but especially the lake. There was alot of people on the trail but we enjoyed meeting all of them. There was a girl there with 6 dogs. 6 dogs! I loved it but i did hear other people complaining about the dogs. Also a short hike away there is a waterfall. You can either cross the stream to the left or go over the rocks on the right theres several trails to reach the waterfall. I urge you to do this hike not very long and worth every step!

This is a nice trail from Taos Ski Valley. There is a pretty lake at the end of the hike. The plus side of this trail is the lovely restaurant at the end!

Great hike!