Trigo Canyon Trail

Trigo Canyon Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Los Lunas, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until November.

cave

Been hiking here since I was a kid. Finally made it all the way to the top and explored the caves. They are worth the hike. They finally opened up the camp grounds do you can drive right to the trail head. Great place, my kids 9 and 10 made all the way to the top with us.

my favorite canyon!!

Secluded hike. Great for practicing way-finding, as the trail can be difficult to follow on the way up due to the large number of fell trees in the canyon- but, there's no risk of getting lost on this hike. Follow the trail the best you can, it'll cross the stream many times, leading you to the back wall of the canyon. The waterfall was only a trickle when I went in mid-march. The back left wall of the canyon is a series of slabby granite boulders that you can climb up to get a better view if you're feeling adventurous. My dog wouldn't follow me up past a certain point, as it does get pretty steep. Overall super enjoyable.

Nice quiet trail