Tramway Trail

Tramway Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great views on this hike through the lower Sandia Mountains on eastern slope. Can connect with La Luz trail to take to the top of the mountain. Trail is well marked throughout most of hike. Little shade at the beginning - better to go in cooler months or it can become a very hot hike. Will be passing near many residential areas so watch for signs to stay off private property. Can be steep in places - lots of rocks to hike over in certain parts.

I didn't have the best experience hiking this trail. We hiked the La Luz trail and we decided to take the tram down. We forgot that the tram parking lot is far away from where we parked, the La Luz trail parking lot. We had this trail another 2.5 miles in 107 degree weather with hardly any water after already hiking the La Luz. If you're going to hike this trail, I wouldn't recommend doing it the same way that I did.

Great hike for a morning or if you are short on time. Good for kids and those of us new to hiking and just wanting to get out and see something beyond the city.

good

2.6 miles to the la Luz trailhead. 10* incline most of the way there. Good for families and dogs

Nice fun hike. Not to crazy just right...

Friday, April 15, 2016

Great trail! I'd recommend it to anyone who wanted to get out and hike for a few hours.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

it was a great walk and even a nice water stream. will do it again.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Best one yet am from TX and met a guy on the parking lot that was willing to give me a guided tour great guy thanks

Sunday, August 02, 2015