Tramway Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great views on this hike through the lower Sandia Mountains on eastern slope. Can connect with La Luz trail to take to the top of the mountain. Trail is well marked throughout most of hike. Little shade at the beginning - better to go in cooler months or it can become a very hot hike. Will be passing near many residential areas so watch for signs to stay off private property. Can be steep in places - lots of rocks to hike over in certain parts.

it was awesome great views

What a beautiful trail! We tried La Luz but there was zero shade and hot already at 930am. Instead, we took the tram and hiked this trail. Lovely but definitely hard. We hiked down the mountain ridge with plenty of shade and then hiked back up. WOW! That was challenging but we had a chance to rest on the north hill, near the ski lifts and observe spectacular distant mountains. The sights were breathtaking and lots of birds if, like us, you love birding. Enjoy!

Boring trail, no good payoff, and mediocre views.

It's rated moderate but I think some people will find it closer to difficult. There are a LOT of ups and downs and I was definitely glad I was wearing my hiking boots or else I'm sure I would have twisted my ankle a couple of times. It's an absolutely beautiful trail with lots of great views of the Rio Grande Valley as well as the Sandia Mountains.

There are quite a few side trails and it's easy to get off the main trail, and by our calculations, we walked 2.5 miles from the parking lot at the Tram to the La Luz trailhead, NOT the 1.7 miles the marker said at the beginning of the trail. So bring lots of water and energy snacks, and hiking poles will definitely help. I wish I'd had a hat on by the end of our three hour out and back in early December. I don't think we will do this trail in the Summer.

My wife and I ran this trail this morning and we had a blast. Tricky if you a first time trail runner. Well marked and there were only a few fellow humans out there with us. There was a little snow as we approached the La Luz trail.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

we love this trail for the variety of terrain. lots of ups and downs, some shade, twists and turns and rocky at times. There are some turns that are a little tricky and easy to miss. Definitely a need to pay attention. The only down side is the $2 parking.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Bring water, energy dense snacks, camera, and enjoy this moderate trail! Its harder than you think

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Great hike for a morning or if you are short on time. Good for kids and those of us new to hiking and just wanting to get out and see something beyond the city.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

good

Sunday, September 04, 2016

2.6 miles to the la Luz trailhead. 10* incline most of the way there. Good for families and dogs

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Nice fun hike. Not to crazy just right...

Friday, April 15, 2016

Great trail! I'd recommend it to anyone who wanted to get out and hike for a few hours.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

it was a great walk and even a nice water stream. will do it again.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Best one yet am from TX and met a guy on the parking lot that was willing to give me a guided tour great guy thanks

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Don't recommend this trail in the summer. We did this in July, there was shade in some areas but it was still hot. Trail marking is okay but we did wander off the trail a bit on the way back to the parking lot. Lots of granite and large rocks, therefore it's not flat. Great views!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Poorly marked trail says it's 2and a half miles from parking by la luz trail head to tram ,poorly marked

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trailhead was easy to find and trail was well marked on the way up. We must have missed a turn off on the way down because we ended up in a residential area and had to walk the road to get back to Tramway Blvd and our car. Great views along the way. There wasn't a certain place that we could find that ended the trail so we went with the 2.5 mile mark via our GPS and turned around. It appears to connect with other trails which go further up the mountain. Fun hike and would love to do it again. Took our 4 year old - no problems but at higher elevations, there are some drop offs we had to watch out for as the path narrows.

recorded la luz