Three Gun Spring Trail

Three Gun Spring Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandia Park, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Up and down from Tijeras Canyon - going down into Albuquerque, from Albuquerque city parking- it's mostly up. It's basically a granite trail with fine granite gravel. It can be slippery others say to use poles-but good gripping shoes are better.

I liked this trail. It was a pretty simple trail starting out, but got really sunny, not much shade. Great views once you got higher. The trail got pretty steep once you got a mile and half in, so the steepness might not be everyone's cup of tea. Overall, it was enjoyable, and I'd definitely go again.

Went past three gun and kept going to Oso pass. Really good hike, leaning towards difficult last mile to big 4 point trail intersection at Oso pass. Took a little longer than I expected, and because of that, had to break out the rain ponchos due to late afternoon thunder shower. Take lots of water, I nearly drained 3 liters and it didn't get above 85 on our hike. shade once you go up a ways. Spectacular views of west cliff faces, have fun!

I did this on 2017 Father's Day with my family! Beautiful views at the end!

I love this trail but unless its done early in the morning is can get really hot! There is very little shade for the first couple of miles until you start to ascend into the tree line. Take lots of water and sunscreen.

One of my ABQ favorites!

My guess was that it was "closed" for construction that must happen during the day (saw some equipment). We went at 5:30pm on June 7 and seemed pretty open to us....

On June 7 in the late afternoon, the last road segment to the trailhead was blocked with signs "Road Closed" and "Trail Closed". Does anybody know why the trail is closed, an estimate of how long the trail will remain closed, or -- short of driving to Carnuel -- how to confirm that that it is re-opened?

Well maintained trail. Crusher-fine under foot. Very open with little shade, so go super early or avoid summer months. Steady climb all the way to the turn around