Tadpole Ridge Trail is a 16.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Silver City, New Mexico that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

One of my favorite hikes , did this in mid June and we did see a Bear , it stood on its back legs to get a better look at us , but it gently meander off after seeing us . Great views with lots of wildflowers and hummingbirds

Friday, April 28, 2017

This one is tough. Climbing and descents. Also some trail obstructions in the middle segment that requires scrambling. Wear long pants, be fit and have plenty of water. I did it in two days since I just had one vehicle. I hiked from Sheep Corral up about 5.5 miles and then back, and the following day I hiked from NM15 up to the point I left off. Did I say have plenty of water! Views are stunning along the ridge. I clocked the highest elevation at about 8600 ft. According to my fitbit tracker the total distance from point to point is about 9.5 miles, for a total round trip of about 19 miles. This does not match the distance shown on the trail signs. I'd be curious to know what mileage others come up with.

Saturday, September 16, 2017