South Piedra Lisa Trail

South Piedra Lisa Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bernalillo, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is definitely one of my favorite trails in the Sandías! The way up is quite the workout but the views are worth it for sure! And there's plenty of pretty and shady spots to take breaks along the way. It took us exactly two hours to get to the top, including several breaks, and about an hour to get back down.

Great hike! It is definitely quite an uphill climb, but the views at the top are worth it. You can see quite a bit (up close and personal) of the Sandias, pretty much all of Albuquerque, and some mesas and mountains to the north and west. The drive up to the trail is also gorgeous. I would recommend going early in the morning if you are going in the summer. I would highly recommend this hike for anyone who enjoys a good sweat and would also say that this is one of my favorites in all of the Sandias/Cibola National Forest. I lovingly call one of the peaks of the Sandias "the nub" and I got to get very close to it, so I was happy.

I have hiked this trail twice now and I love it.

Excellent trail for a quick hike.