Soledad Canyon Loop

Soledad Canyon Loop is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Las Cruces, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike through a narrowing canyon to a natural water fall. Begin the hike at the trailhead. Stay to the right, follow the trail counter-clockwise. At 1.5 miles there is a junction where the trail divides. You can follow the loop to the left, or continue straight ahead to the old rock house and the waterfall. At 1.63 miles you reach the old rock house. Continue down this trail to the waterfall. The trail will head to the right, up a small hill, then left into a narrow dead-end canyon. The waterfall is all the way back. To finish the loop, return the the junction where the trail divided. Turn right, and follow the trail back to the trailhead.

So impressed with these views! we went to the right at the first fork and hiked the long way round to the waterfall. you could basically walk straight to it, but you'll miss some of the best views if you do! The waterfall was low for our visit, but the area where it is was gorgeous and shady. perfect spot for a post hike snack/ picnic!

Nice views. Beautiful area surrounding waterfall.

Beautiful hike. Great views and the waterfall is beautiful

I hiked the loop in about 1 hour, but I missed the trail that goes straight back that leads, as I imagine, to the waterfall other hikers have reported about on this website. I didn't even see the trail. No wonder I got back in about an hour, I missed half of the trail only to find out what I had missed while writing this review. Lol. You have to laugh:P I still had a wonderful time on this trail! All in all, I was out on the trail about 1h15m, stopping at one of the higher elevation points near the back of the loop to take in the beautiful surrounding view and eat a delicious Nature Valley bar! Great view of the valley, and the mountains! Virtually no shade throughout the trail so I was thankful to have sunblock and a hat! God bless!

Simple beautiful hike. Great for a quick trail run as well.

great morning day home! Waterfall was running

One of my favorite places to go and relax. My dog loves going out there. Waterfall is gorgeous right now with all the rain.

Good trail. Definitely in the easy/moderate spectrum. The waterfall was running somewhat with some recent rainstorms having hit the area. Take lots of water and sunscreen, the sun will cook you!