Quarai is a 0.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mountainair, New Mexico that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.3 miles Elevation Gain: 19 feet Route Type: Loop

All paths are easy. The Spanish Corral Loop can be muddy if there has been rain or snow. Some roots and rocks encumber the path some but not bad.

Just a heads up, this isn't an open trail to the site. It is open from 9-5 every day. We showed up at 4:15 and the two rangers on duty hovered over is until we left so they could lock up early. They were also very rude to us the entire time. The ruins are cool though.

easy paved trail with great history. stroller and kid friendly.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

not a bike trail :) good views awsome history

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

The trail is beautiful, and the ruins are fascinating! My wife, my boys, and I thoroughly enjoyed exploring them and learning about the people that built them.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Nice little trail. Beautiful ruins. Easy for little ones and those that don't hike much.

Friday, October 28, 2016

This is a wonderful walk around some beautiful ruins. It's one of my favorite in New Mexico. Lovely in the fall.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

This has to be one of the most beautiful short hikes I have ever done. The views are fantastic, and it really gives you the feeling that you are living in the 1500's and experienceing the life as a Twia indian. You must hike the short loop that goes up the hillside to the South of the ruins, it's only a mile or so. There are tables for a nice picnic near some giant cottonwood trees

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just went here a couple weeks ago. The ruins are gorgeous and the trail is very easy. Unfortunately the Spanish Corral trail was closed while I was there. I posted some of my favorite photos from the day at www.banishingboredom.blogspot.com.

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Quarai is 1 of 3 Pueblo Ruin sights that makes up the Salinas Pueblo Missions each located in the vicinity of Mountainair, NM -- You can do all 3 in a day but I would leave early in the morning so you do not have to rush. This is great for Children too. Since AllTrails has pulled Quarai aside, I will focus on Quarai in this review. At Quarai, there is a half mile trail that looks at all the ruins that is super easy and they also have a Trail called the "Spanish Corral Loop" that is one mile. The trail takes you through the woods but also has some nice views over the area. The elevation makes this place cold in winter, so I'd go Spring through Fall.

recorded Quarai