Hiked (walked a good pace) this trail yesrerday (mid July) and it was great! The trail was long and challenging for an amateur like myself. The incline made for a tough trip up, hiking alone I definitely had to push myself. The trip down was cake, until...the last stretch without shade in 100+ degree heat. I felt like I was walking through death valley, like I might just not make it back to the car. I read that it was about 2 hours up and 2 hours down but that must have been the runners or really intense hikers because it took me almost 3 hours up and a little over two down (stopping a bit for pictures). If I would have known it would have taken me longer I would have left earlier in the morning, lesson learned. Would definitely like to go again but after getting some pretty intense sunburn in that last stretch back to the parking lot, I would go earlier in the day (6am or earlier) or would go during a cooler time of year. Also the view at the end of the trail isn't great, so if I ever do it again I'd like to continue on to the crest trail to see what you can see from that trail.