Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Pino Trail is a 9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.0 miles Elevation Gain: 2,736 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is a nice hike in the Sandias that can take you to the Crest Trail. If you want, you can continue on the Crest trail to the Tramway and take the easy way down the mountain. The trail is in good condition but there are some steep parts. Also there is a lot of shade which is much appreciated when the NM sun is out in full force. There are a few springs but you can't depend on them to be there in the dry months. You can expect to get some great views of the Sandias on the way up.

Fun and gorgeous trail! Started at 8:30am and made it through 90% of the trail. Finished around 1:15pm with a few breaks. Around mile 3 the trail narrows and it becomes hard to social distance (just FYI for Covid). Good mix of shade and sun. Saw a few other hikers and dogs. Trail is not safe for your dog to be off leash. The trail is way too narrow and has steep drop-offs that make it dangerous for an off-leash dog. The last ~0.5 miles narrows substantially and I couldn’t get up with my dog. Otherwise, an extremely lovely hike that is challenging in some parts and has lots of nice views. Parking is is $3.

Really beautiful out and back, lots of wildflowers along the way. Was pretty crowded for the first 2-3 miles. Recommend bringing extra water for the final ascent!

Great hike! Difficult though.

Almost made it to the top! Met some very nice ladies and hiked some of the way with them. Great hike!

awesome trail, but most defiantly need to be prepared, and glad we started early morning..

Lovely kicked my butt for the first major hike of the season

Fun trail with my lovely daughter

We went 4/18, there was some snow at the top, but it was passable. Even in the middle of the day, hike wasn’t too bad with the shade!

Beautiful trail. Almost all the snow is gone. What’s the little is left is very passable

Great trail. Good amount of shade on the trail. A tiny bit of snow near the top, but easily passable.

Awesome hike. Snow and icy last mile but passable.

I run this trail a few times a week. Starting from the Spain parking lot. First few miles are easy. Then it gets fun! Beautiful views. Usually not crowded on weekdays.

nice trail, easy to follow, shaded and sunny parts

icy

Trail is pretty decent, not hard to follow at all. I’ve seen different reviews give different round trip lengths; my Apple Watch read 12.5 miles on the dot when I got back to my car. The last mile(ish) from the top has some thick ice, but enough people have gone over it and created indents which we used to step in. Overall, well worth the work. You can also use this trail to get to South Crest Trail 130 and the Cienega Trail. “Everything natural- every flower, tree, and animal- has important lessons to teach us if we would only stop, look, and listen.” - Eckhart Tolle

Yesterday, was a great day for this trail. The trail terrain changes as you ascend Snow & Ice on the trail about 3/4 of the way to the top. Beautiful views.

Trail head is great for moderate hikers good trail for young kids also dogs are frequently seen on this trail. Well maintained trailhead easy to follow. Lots of shade once you get about 3/4 mile in. Scenic in areas not blocked by trees

icy

Hiked this today with my family. My daughter is 7 and didn’t think it was tough. We passed other kids on the trail, as well. The trail is absolutely beautiful! It looked landscaped. We had to turn around around 1.75 miles up because it was snowing and hailing. What an adventure! We definitely want to hike this again.

fee

This was a beautiful trail and only 1 dollar to park during week

Please be advised: You have to PAY to park at this trailhead

fee