Pino Trail

Pino Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chelwood Park, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a nice hike in the Sandias that can take you to the Crest Trail. If you want, you can continue on the Crest trail to the Tramway and take the easy way down the mountain. The trail is in good condition but there are some steep parts. Also there is a lot of shade which is much appreciated when the NM sun is out in full force. There are a few springs but you can't depend on them to be there in the dry months. You can expect to get some great views of the Sandias on the way up.

Great trail to hike and I had an awesome time.

Great variation in vegetation zones for ABQ. Not really a view at the top. Path was easy with good uphill gradients but the path can also be narrow at times.

This is my go to trail! I haven't made it to the top yet but today I made it about 3.5 miles up. I understand the last bit is quite steep. The views are superb. The first 3/4 of a mile is sunny but after that there is shade. The trail is easy to follow and is mostly dirt and rocks but no rock scrambling in the part of the trail I did.
Good parking and rest rooms for a dollar or two on weekends.

We enjoyed our hike!! Lots to see!

I did pino trail on October 2016, I love it! There is a spring about midway which is refreshing, I saw a lot of deers near to the highest point of this beautiful trail.

Beautiful hike and nicely shaded!