Pine Tree Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Las Cruces, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,046 feet Route Type: Loop

Take water, there are no springs. Wear a hat and sunscreen. $5 parking for the day; $7 parking overnight

The change in flora and fauna is outstanding. I started later in the day around 3:45, so as to miss the heat and let the sun get to the east. This is a perfect hike...it is amazing that a large town lies just over the peaks, because it truly is serene. The pines and alligator juniper are outstanding. So many different levels and awesome riparian forests. Take enough water, a hat, sunblock, and give yourself enough time to stop and take pics. It took me about 3 hours, and I took quite a few breaks. I did not find the trail difficult to follow as it has had a lot of use. Try to stay on trail to avoid creating unnecessary erosion. I LOVE NM!

You start in the campground which has spaces to park beside covered picnic tables with a fire/grill. There are also toilets to use (no sinks so bring sanitizer or wipes for hands). We completed the trail in 2.5hours. It’s a gentle up hill climb with easy to follow trail that is a little rocky in places. Great spots to view out over the plains. The loop comes back to the campground with a nice gentle down hill, (though watch your footing as with any downhill trail).

Great hike. The views are amazing this time of year. The campground and trail is a little busy, but when you see the view you can understand why.

Excellent

Good hike. Very hot so bring water and shade.

Beautiful trail with wild flowers. Have to pass some creeks. About 2.30 hours hike

It hailed while on the trail. Really cool views.

Pretty good. I had some trouble staying on the trail in some areas. Views of WSMR were great near the midway point.

Beautiful loop with a decent amount of climb, but can be done sort of fast. Part of it runs on near the base of the jagged peaks of the Organ Mountains.

Note to self: counter clockwise means starting to your right! We started the hike thinking we were very intelligent by going left, like everyone suggested on the reviews. The views are actually nice, but after finishing the hike, we realized how dumb we were. This is a great hike to do as a family, with great views and a great breeze. Will definitely do it again!

I'm not a hiker... Not used to altitude but this hike was certainly worth the effort it took me to climb. It is so beautiful up among the pines. I would do it again once I recover!

Love this trail. We did it counter clockwise and the scenery constantly changes along the way. There’s a back country campsite halfway into the hike. We would do this one again!

Great hike today. Trail easy to follow but people, don’t cut the switchbacks. Crags above trail are fantastic, love the whispering pines.

Fun moderately strenuous hike. Had a few downed trees to climb over. Did it after a snowfall which made it a little more enjoyable and difficult. Snow melt had a few times to cross running water. The complete loop took appx 2.5 hours

Incredible scenery! A must when in Las Cruces!

Hiked on February 2nd beautiful day for hiking. Great trail. Very well marked. Easy enough for all skill levels. If camping is your thing, nice campground near the trailhead. Surrounded by mountains during the hike. The Organ Mountains are beautiful! Check with the park on gate hours and plan your hike accordingly.

This trail has some shade from the trees and the mountain in the later part of the day.

No car access to this trailhead during government shutdown of winter 2018.

Neat!

Great views, lighting was perfect against the mountains in the morning. Fall weather was perfect-cool, but sunny. Trail is fairly narrow and a little overgrown thanks to recent rains. Saw three different tarantulas.

Did this hike late in October , spectacular scenery and streams were running from recent rain , go to the left at beginning of loop , other hikers told us this too and it seemed like the better way , took us 3 hours to complete , not in a hurry cause we were taking lots of Pics

Enjoyable hike with pretty views. Trail is well-marked. It is uphill for the first half, but not too steep or difficult. We finished in about 3 hours going at a leisurely place and stopping for lots of pics.

Awesome views and trail. Bring your water did this early and enjoyed the sunrise. Bit of a challenge but trail in good condition.

One of the most beautiful trails in Aguirre Springs. Although it was a rainy day, we enjoyed a lot the astonishing vistas of the pine tree forest and the rock formations, a wonderful landscape!

Great hike. 2 1/2 hours stopping for lots of pictures. Take breaks! went early saw the sunrise on the drive to and that alone worth it. Not a soul around, nice. Wear hike boots.

Great hike, make sure you have 5 dollars exactly to pay for parking at the station, it has to be left in an envelope. It's very easy to get off the trail, so pay attention.

Beautiful scenery! Great to do early in the AM. Some parts were strenuous, but overall good hike! Breathtaking view at the highest elevation.

Great trail! Not to be taken lightly though. My friend and I took our 3 dogs expecting it to be much easier than it was and ended up using all of our water on our dogs and not much on our selves. But still a great hike and amazing views!

I love it. Going up the trail, is quite a workout. Great views to enjoy.