Piedra Lisa Trail #135

Piedra Lisa Trail #135 is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Placitas, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Hands down, one of the most rewarding hikes in the Sandia mountain range. In 45 minutes you have access to stunning views. The maps on the app are wrong, but the trail is clearly marked. The only thing this trail is missing is water, hence 4 stars.

A great trail but is slippery coming down Del Agua as the steam blocked the trail a bit and is slow moving so don't run too much.

Really nice trail. My husband and dog and I hiked it today. We did not go all the way to the rock (Piedra Lisa) but we did do the whole loop. We went up Piedra Lisa and came down Del Aqua. There were some steep spots and some rock scrambling. On the way down much of it had a tiny creek flowing so our 10 year old dog was quite happy. The iPhone said we'd climbed 47 stories and gone 4.7 miles. We definitely felt it.

This was a beautiful trail. I dont think I actually made the whole trail so I may have to hike this one again in the spring just to make sure. All in all this was a great hike with beautiful views!

Going down was easy with a few moderate and steep declines. It was definitely fast so be careful. I had my dog and had to climb down first then have him jump into my arms. Just as a heads up.

Beautiful

Trailhead is off a dirt road which was pretty fun to get to. Trail is marked and is pretty steep in places. The views are great and has a variety of vegetation along the way. We did feel the heat of the day make sure you take plenty of water and sunscreen. I would make this trek again for sure!

Great exercise! My sister and I completed this hike last weekend. Very rocky and steep in some areas but overall a decent trail. We only ran into 4 people so it was very peaceful. Had a lot of fun and felt very accomplished afterward!

Nice trail with excellent views