Philmont Road Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Philmont Road Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 11.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cimarron, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,856 feet Route Type: Out & Back

private property

Trail within the Philmont Scout Ranch. Registration required to enter, hike, and camp in the park.

private property

Sunday, May 15, 2016

a great and beautiful hike. awesome staff run or hike.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

I wish that they would update this page to have the various hikes that you can do at Philmont, I did a trek to the 60+ miler and stood on top of the Tooth of Time! Haven't been back in a long time, wish I still had the time to do such long hikes

Friday, August 01, 2014

This not a destination. This would just be a morning run by those attending camp. Philmont is a beautiful part of New Mexico. Great views and sunrises.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

I have made 3 expedition trips leading scouts to Philmont. Each trip was made on different trails. The length of each trip was between 50 to 80 miles and included at least one high peak. Each time it was a good test and much enjoyed!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

This is the closest I found for the Philmont Trails. I hiked these mountains while in the Boy Scouts in 1972. We spent five days over 50 miles of trail. The northern New Mexico area is absolutely beautiful and the trails range from easy to hard. Bears were a problem back then. I earned my Mountain Man badge here.

Friday, August 02, 2013

Spent 2.5 weeks building trail and hiking at Philmont. Beautiful country and a great opportunity/experience. From trekking the Tooth of Time to watching fire works in Eagle's Nest from the saddle of Mt. Baldy on the 4th of July.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A nice walk to the best place I've ever been.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Been down Philmont Road to Philmont Scout Camp with a full crew. We spent 10 days traveling 75+ miles through some of the most pristine back country in the Southern Rockies. What a great place.

Monday, May 21, 2018