Perk Ridge Trail

Perk Ridge Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ruidoso, New Mexico that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This trail is on the high end of moderate due to the constant incline/decline to complete the loop, occasionally steep and unstable footing. Wet conditions could make many portions of the trail slick, especially on the steep areas.

The trail is beautiful! Well marked and easy to follow. First two miles are easy peasy but mile 2.5-3.5 is pretty steep, don't let that stop you from coming though because the second half of the trail is gorgeous. My wife and I enjoyed the experience thoroughly.

Awesome trail. Challenging at times but saw lots of wildlife and beautiful views.

Great trail. Shaded almost the entire time. I saw lots of wildlife and no other hikers on the trail.

My husband and I hiked this yesterday. We are in our mid 60'S and finished in 3 hrs and 20 minutes. The first 2 miles are easy, with ample shade and a gentle climb. Mile 3 is steep and rocky at times; more difficult for sure. The descent down was difficult with many areas of loose medium rocks to navigate. Hiking poles are very helpful for this section. Mostly no views other than briefly at the top. We enjoyed the hike.

Overall the trail was tough for this 76yo. Parts of Perk Ridge T92 are steeper and rougher than "moderate" would suggest, especially near the peak. I saw two elk in a meadow up top. T93 in Perk Canyon is a beautiful riparian hike along a stream with two interesting footbridges. I made the hike CCW from T93 trailhead.

Perk ridge had some great views. Perk Canyon was just a walk in the forest. The uphill elevation gain was on the jeep road of Perk Ridge. Several locals recommended the hike and I saw only locals on the trail. Easy to get to and easy to get in when you only have a small amount of time to hike.

We had a little trouble finding the entrance but once we got on it was great!! Easy, fun trail. We took our dog and he loved it! We will be going back

not a moderate trail. defiantly a hard trail. but beautiful and worth it. I wouldn't take small children on it. it's steel going up and coming down.

A little rocky and parts of the continuing trail were indistinguishable, but altogether a good hike!