Perk Ridge Trail

Perk Ridge Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ruidoso, New Mexico that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

We had a little trouble finding the entrance but once we got on it was great!! Easy, fun trail. We took our dog and he loved it! We will be going back

not a moderate trail. defiantly a hard trail. but beautiful and worth it. I wouldn't take small children on it. it's steel going up and coming down.

A little rocky and parts of the continuing trail were indistinguishable, but altogether a good hike!

I'm a 53-year-old man who's not in the best of shape, but I was able to do this hike. I listened to my body, when it said break, I broke. Tricky knees and back made going downhill almost slower than up, so the whole trip took me five hours. But was it ever worth it! Beautiful scenery, even a few weeks before Spring. This West Texas resident was glad he made the effort!
I did spend a good while in a hot tub at the hotel when I got back.

Enjoyed the trail. This trail was doable for my wife, our Cavalier King Charles, and me.

From a logistics standpoint we parked at T93 and walked the road to the trailhead because the road from T93 to this trailhead was not traversable by our SUV. Lovely views but starting the direction we did made the first half steeper than expected.

Loved this trail!.. It is a loop if you combine T93 & T92 - we started at T93 trailhead and the first 2 miles is super easy and pretty, right through the forest. Then you start to climb more and it's kinda steep but not complicated and still a great trail. When you get to the top you'll follow the trail as it winds left a while and if you just keep going until you turn back the opposite direction you'll end up going through a valley looking part with piles of wood everywhere then you'll hit T92 and its marked... Go right and you can follow that back out to the T92 trailhead and walk the road back down to your car at T93 where you started. I wouldn't want to do it the other way backwards though in my opinion.. My gps said 5.41 at the car. The trail was great and nothing I thought I couldn't do. I'm 50 and my husband is 60 and were used to hiking 4-7 milers so it was fine. We snacked where T93 met T92 up top and it was peaceful and beautiful the whole time on this trail. Well do it again next time we're here!

I already reviewed the first half & returned to finish. As I stated earlier, this trail is much better if you include the Perk Canyon trail to make a loop. I again started at the Perk Ridge trail route then branched off a single track trail that runs parallel to the main trail but more scenic. Towards the end of this trail it starts to wind & get a little steeper. Once to the end, it joins with the Perk Ridge & levels off to flat terrain again. the area is creepy as hell. There are piles of felled tress/branches all over the place-you feel like you're in a Blair witch movie. I would recommend stopping to relax here. We then took the Perk Canyon trail back. It is very scenic & peaceful. The grass is green, trees are pretty tall, you hear birds everywhere & follow a nice brook with a cool little wooden bridge at one point until you end up at the starting point for both Perk Ridge & Canyon trails.

Great trail with great views

Moderately easy trail with some steep inclines and declines with some points of hopping over fallen trees. Trail had some really awesome views and fun all around. As of difficulty I would give it a 2.5 out of 5.

This trail was really fun I would definitely not recommended going up through the right side of the trail if you are not able to climb steep slopes. There is a pretty high graded slope. Once you get to half of the trail it is all down the valley and you begin to see the meadows! This part of the trail is used more frequently and there are so many flowers and lots of wildlife !