Paseo del Bosque Trail

Paseo del Bosque Trail is a 17.6 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

The Paseo del Bosque Bike Trail, known to locals as "the Bosque," (pronounced Boss - key) is one of the premier bicycle trails in the southwestern United States. It is even better in early October during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Not only is early fall a good time to ride the trail due to cooler weather, but your chances of spotting gorgeously colorful balloons in the wee hours of the morning is much better, also. The trail is right in the city of Albuquerque, it gets used quite heavily. Yet it never seems crowded and, like on most trails, the bikers, strollers, and skaters all seem happy to be outside enjoying this gem of a trail. And, as an added bonus in addition to the Rio Grande River scenery, the friendly people, and the perfectly graded trail ride, you may be lucky enough to spot a roadrunner, coyote, or deer along the trail.

Great for biking. Never have to cross a street.

very good trail a little soft in some areas but otherwise really good trail

I really enjoy this trail. I am a lover of running, walking, cycling and just getting lost. To me the Bosque is perfect for those moments you just need to be alone in nature, without having to travel so far.

The Bosque trail is great for bikers, walkers, and roller bladers. I visited for the first time on Memorial Day. The Alameda parking lot was packed at 9AM, and there were a lot of people on the trail near each parking area, but the trail actually didn't seem that crowded. Almost everyone was courteous. The trail is flat and extremely well-maintained. I rode from Alameda to Bridge Blvd and back (roughly 20 miles roundtrip), so got to see the biopark, zoo, and beach. It's greener than most of ABQ, which is nice. As this is the only bike trail near me that isn't broken up by intersections, I will definitely be back. Next time I'm going to try parking at Boxing Bear since we ended up there anyway!

This review is for trail running.
I give this trail a bad review because I just don't like it. Here are the reasons:
I feel like I'm running in a post-apocalyptic world when I'm on this trail. It's flat and ugly and it reminds me of everything I dislike about NM. I realize I'm in the minority on this trail. But I can't stand it. It's just boring.
Pros: If you like easy trails (flat), and seeing people riding their bikes and the dirty river or the scraggly bushes then this trail will be great. You can find shade if you're running the spurs that branch off the main trail you'll find shade of course.
Honestly I don't know why so many people love the Bosque. I guess it's because you get to see a lot of people and the trail is flat. But I think it's pretty ugly in places.

The unpaved Bosque is shaded single track heaven in NM! Mountain bikers barely care about this place thanks to the Foothills. Rewarding place to ride if you can live with zero elevation gain on your Strava app!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Very flat and wide enough to accommodate both bikers and walkers. There are 2 trails, one on either side of the river but the wide dirt "lower" trail is trafficked by horses so proceed with caution. Trail says it is not open until 7am but when we showed up the gate wasn't locked.