Paseo del Bosque Trail

Paseo del Bosque Trail is a 17.6 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

The Paseo del Bosque Bike Trail, known to locals as "the Bosque," (pronounced Boss - key) is one of the premier bicycle trails in the southwestern United States. It is even better in early October during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Not only is early fall a good time to ride the trail due to cooler weather, but your chances of spotting gorgeously colorful balloons in the wee hours of the morning is much better, also. The trail is right in the city of Albuquerque, it gets used quite heavily. Yet it never seems crowded and, like on most trails, the bikers, strollers, and skaters all seem happy to be outside enjoying this gem of a trail. And, as an added bonus in addition to the Rio Grande River scenery, the friendly people, and the perfectly graded trail ride, you may be lucky enough to spot a roadrunner, coyote, or deer along the trail.

great way to train for marathons, bike races or even just a walk with the family. I live on the west side and have done this trail from beginning to end for years. It is big enough that provide different experiences and accessible enough for even the most casual of hikes.

Great for biking. Never have to cross a street.

very good trail a little soft in some areas but otherwise really good trail

I really enjoy this trail. I am a lover of running, walking, cycling and just getting lost. To me the Bosque is perfect for those moments you just need to be alone in nature, without having to travel so far.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Bosque trail is great for bikers, walkers, and roller bladers. I visited for the first time on Memorial Day. The Alameda parking lot was packed at 9AM, and there were a lot of people on the trail near each parking area, but the trail actually didn't seem that crowded. Almost everyone was courteous. The trail is flat and extremely well-maintained. I rode from Alameda to Bridge Blvd and back (roughly 20 miles roundtrip), so got to see the biopark, zoo, and beach. It's greener than most of ABQ, which is nice. As this is the only bike trail near me that isn't broken up by intersections, I will definitely be back. Next time I'm going to try parking at Boxing Bear since we ended up there anyway!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

This review is for trail running.
I give this trail a bad review because I just don't like it. Here are the reasons:
I feel like I'm running in a post-apocalyptic world when I'm on this trail. It's flat and ugly and it reminds me of everything I dislike about NM. I realize I'm in the minority on this trail. But I can't stand it. It's just boring.
Pros: If you like easy trails (flat), and seeing people riding their bikes and the dirty river or the scraggly bushes then this trail will be great. You can find shade if you're running the spurs that branch off the main trail you'll find shade of course.
Honestly I don't know why so many people love the Bosque. I guess it's because you get to see a lot of people and the trail is flat. But I think it's pretty ugly in places.

Monday, December 05, 2016

The unpaved Bosque is shaded single track heaven in NM! Mountain bikers barely care about this place thanks to the Foothills. Rewarding place to ride if you can live with zero elevation gain on your Strava app!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Very flat and wide enough to accommodate both bikers and walkers. There are 2 trails, one on either side of the river but the wide dirt "lower" trail is trafficked by horses so proceed with caution. Trail says it is not open until 7am but when we showed up the gate wasn't locked.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

easy

Friday, August 05, 2016

A great ride in Albuquerque. Start at the parking lot at Alameda Blvd and the river. Ride it to "The End of Albuquerque" and back. The ride is flat but scenic. Boxing Bear Brewing is a half-mile from where you parked -- a nice way to finish the day.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Nice and flat

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

it was awesome! There are trails for both mountain bikes and road bikes.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Super easy; more of a walk than a hike. Always picturesque in one way or another! I'm going to upload some great ones from fall...

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Safe and east

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Great clean and wide

Saturday, August 22, 2015

The best I've seen

Thursday, July 30, 2015

This is a great trail. Crowded on the weekends, but still great. Saturday and Sundays, swing by Bike-In Coffee (take the I-40 east bike path just south of the freeway) for food and coffee. Flying Star on Rio Grande (just south of Montano) is another good midway point.

Monday, May 25, 2015

This is a nice peaceful walk. Tons of wildlife and shaded areas.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Nice flat trail for running or biking in Albuquerque.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Loop trail in the Alameda open space along the Rio Grande river in Albuquerque.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beautiful area neat trail flat not very challenging.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Bosque bike path is a great place to run. I recommend running along this bike path for longer distances. Summer/Spring months I recommend lots of sun block and bug spray. Fall/Winter months I recommend layers of clothing. Watch out for lots of local bikers riding this path. Beware of coyotes in the early morning hours.

Saturday, August 02, 2014

The trail is paved and runs South to area just past the ABQ Zoo. The full route down and back is approx. 35 miles but I-40 is 12.5 miles with other turn around points. Think as you travel South due to 1 to 2 degree incline as you head North. Great for beginners!3

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Very nice trail for easy running! It has paved path for bicyclists but you can run along the water channel too.