Oso Ridge Trail

Oso Ridge Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandia Park, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

it was fun until we had to turn back becuase there was bears near the trail.

Got a little lost on the way up, but that's just from the bad signal with my gps! Like a few others I took Oso Ridge up then followed south crest trail to take embudito trail down. Oso Ridge is pretty steep at some parts so Embudito was a little easier to come down! Ended up at 11.5 miles total, the views at the top are absolutely worth it (:

Great views

I love this trail. Very little traffic and great change of pace from Embudito, Pino, and La Luz.

I live in Albuquerque and was trying to find a new trail to hike, however, i have to say, I very was disappointed with this one. There weren't any trail signs that we saw and so we ended up a mile the opposite direction and then hiked back to get to it and it took us another 30 minutes to get on the actual trail. The beginning of the route is very unclear so when we finally confirmed we were on the right trail, we were kinda over it. Maybe will give it another shot and hike further on the trail to hopefully get to the wild flowers mentioned in the description, but for now I have to say, I was not impressed.

Nice hike to take in the spring before it gets too hot. The last mile to the trail summit near South Crest is ~1200 vertical feet climb (no switch backs) which is steep and difficult. Otherwise, if you turn around before reaching the top, this is more of a "moderate" difficulty. The best views, however, are at the top!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lovely in Summer and Fall. Summer Flowers are Great and the Aspens are nice in the Fall. Easy enough for most but not so much a slough that you can get your heart rate up on this trail. Less than 2 miles in length and it is possible to loop back but the official trail is a point to point. Some nice views in spots

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Simply my favorite place in the Sandias, Leave Embudo at dawn and you arrive here at just the right time as the birds are singing and the sun is just warming the area. Once here the South Sandias are your playground. While the Pass is more a point then anything else. It can connect you to Embudo, Three Gun Spring, And South Peak Summit via the signed trail. The Unmarked trail heading west is White Wash which is a wonderful ridge run till it decends a canyon. Bring your camera as the most serene pictures are to be had here.

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Beautiful! This is a great access trail to the south peak of the Sandia Mountains. Bring your camera!