Osha Trail

Osha Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cloudcroft, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail through a fir forest with nice views of white sands from the western rim.

Nice trail easy to follow only down side was that several people did not clean up their dogs poop which was right I the middle of the trail.

Super Easy (:

Great trail, the elevation at almost 9000’ did slow us down a bit. But we did well being 60 and 64 years young!

A good trail with a few camping options along the way if you're a backpacker looking for some backcountry camping. We saw several other hikers and everyone was friendly and shared the trail well.

Me and my little one who is 4 years old did this trail today and it is perfect. Easy trail with easy clear signs to follow. Definitely going to do this one a few more times.

Our ‘go to’ trail. Very nice shaded trail walk for out dogs and it’s a nice loop.

very pretty overlook, could have marked the trail a little bitbetter but overall it was very hiker friendly.

Nice hike. Elevation climb is gradual and easy to navigate. Opens up to other trails for those who want to keep going. Great forested area!

Though the trail is still very muddy in many areas (I suggest taking a bag to put your hiking shoes in after and a second pair of shoes to put on before heading out), we were able to get through the whole trail and enjoyed the great views and solitude. Not many others were on the trail at the same time.

This is one of my favorite trails. It’s got great views, solitude and flora and fauna. Easy to walk and pretty quick.

Just tried to hike this today. The trail was covered in snow and was VERY muddy. We tried to push on but the mud was so slippery that we were unable to continue. I’m sure it’s a great trail after the trail has dried out.

We got a little lost towards the end where the trails converge, but just went back the way we came. Did this trail with a 7-year-old and 14-year-old who really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed this hike. Beautiful scenery and there was some snow on the backside on the mountain when we went last weekend.

Great time for the whole family!

I walked this trail in December. Didn't see anyone. There's some beautiful views, like far as the eye can see views, and the trail takes to a really lovely field where you can stop and rest or have a bite.

Its no wonder this trail is so busy! Its so enjoyable and felt great compared to a rather warm day down in the basin. There's a great little spot for sight seeing and the trail opens up to a beautiful meadow for lunch! Will be back again for sure!

awesome trail.

Nice way to warm up and get ready for a long trail the following day.

Steep in areas, but well marked.

Fun hike. Steep in areas and pretty views.

It was a very cool Trail to walk/run! Slight inclines, good for leg & cardio work out. Beautiful scenery and views! A must do if in the area.

We hiked this trail at sunset and loved it! Saw some squirrels, bees, butterflies, elk and a beautiful sunset.

Excellent hike, combining uphill and downhill equally. About 385' elevation...

Would rate this trail as easy for an avid hiker, in at least good health, and with trekking poles. Skree type rock is found on much of the trail making footing caution a priority and why having trekking poles is highly recommended.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Excellent trail, with a few tough spots. Still had snow when we went, so there were a few muddy areas. Great views, although no wildlife.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Beautiful trail!!! My teenagers and I loved every minute!!

Sunday, April 09, 2017

It was a great afternoon hike. Exactly as advertised!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

one of my favorite trails in this area! love the views of White Sands National Monument nearly 50 miles distant! Lovely Ponderosa pine and White Fir trees and some aspens. Beautiful mountain meadow at about halfway.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Went up to the Osha trail with my sister and we were both disappointed as the trail is heavily rock strewn. I am talking large rocks. Very treacherous footing and difficult to enjoy the scenery as we were always watching our footing. There are much better and more scenic trails in this area.

Monday, March 13, 2017