Osha Trail

Osha Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cloudcroft, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail through a fir forest with nice views of white sands from the western rim.

This is one of my favorite trails. It’s got great views, solitude and flora and fauna. Easy to walk and pretty quick.

Just tried to hike this today. The trail was covered in snow and was VERY muddy. We tried to push on but the mud was so slippery that we were unable to continue. I’m sure it’s a great trail after the trail has dried out.

We got a little lost towards the end where the trails converge, but just went back the way we came. Did this trail with a 7-year-old and 14-year-old who really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed this hike. Beautiful scenery and there was some snow on the backside on the mountain when we went last weekend.

Great time for the whole family!

I walked this trail in December. Didn't see anyone. There's some beautiful views, like far as the eye can see views, and the trail takes to a really lovely field where you can stop and rest or have a bite.

Its no wonder this trail is so busy! Its so enjoyable and felt great compared to a rather warm day down in the basin. There's a great little spot for sight seeing and the trail opens up to a beautiful meadow for lunch! Will be back again for sure!

awesome trail.

Nice way to warm up and get ready for a long trail the following day.

Steep in areas, but well marked.

Fun hike. Steep in areas and pretty views.

It was a very cool Trail to walk/run! Slight inclines, good for leg & cardio work out. Beautiful scenery and views! A must do if in the area.

We hiked this trail at sunset and loved it! Saw some squirrels, bees, butterflies, elk and a beautiful sunset.

Excellent hike, combining uphill and downhill equally. About 385' elevation...

Would rate this trail as easy for an avid hiker, in at least good health, and with trekking poles. Skree type rock is found on much of the trail making footing caution a priority and why having trekking poles is highly recommended.

Excellent trail, with a few tough spots. Still had snow when we went, so there were a few muddy areas. Great views, although no wildlife.

Beautiful trail!!! My teenagers and I loved every minute!!

It was a great afternoon hike. Exactly as advertised!

one of my favorite trails in this area! love the views of White Sands National Monument nearly 50 miles distant! Lovely Ponderosa pine and White Fir trees and some aspens. Beautiful mountain meadow at about halfway.

Went up to the Osha trail with my sister and we were both disappointed as the trail is heavily rock strewn. I am talking large rocks. Very treacherous footing and difficult to enjoy the scenery as we were always watching our footing. There are much better and more scenic trails in this area.