Ojito Trail Via Cerro Blanco Trail

Ojito Trail Via Cerro Blanco Trail is a 12.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estancia, New Mexico that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This route is not for anyone who is not super experienced and confident following a faint trail. I suspect you were one of the 2 guys my friend and I saw, Terrence.

I've not done this trail but I'd like to and am thinking about doing it this weekend. The only way I could think to contact you directly is via this review. When you say the trail disappeared, was it because it was in the canyon and overgrown so you can still directionally get where to go? Did you see signs for the Vigil or Yellowstone trails? BTW, you can contact me directly at tjohansen@comcast.net to respond.

Very very hard to keep on trail, on ojito the trail disappears for about a mile and half but it's a awesome hike. Also keep in mind the west side is big bear country.