Oeste Vista Loop is a 2.5 mile loop trail located near Angel Fire, New Mexico that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 597 feet Route Type: Loop

We took the trail backwards (clockwise) and we thought that it was a little more gradual of an uphill this way. There was plenty of water running through the creek which was really pretty. There weren’t many lookout points but the scenery along the trail was great and the trail was really well marked.

Excellent hiking trail! Easy enough to do in an hour. Condition was incredible and love that the trail is well marked

Nice hike. First half is uphill. Second is downhill. Pretty day in May for a hike. I would recommend for those who want a 2 hour somewhat easy hike.

is this heaven? No...this is Angel Fire. perfect conditions today. dry trail , sunny and 50's

icy

Snowed out. Too steep with ice.

Great trail, difficult to warm me ok. 32 degree day, just long enough to feel tired and exhilarating. Really enjoyed it

Great hike. Some climbs but nothing too steep. Our kids enjoyed the short loop and the distance was perfect for them. Ages 11, 9 and nearly 4.

The trail was very well kept and the signs were very clear. There were lots of other hikers and some folks with their dogs. Saw some deer and heard an elk moving around not more than 300 yards away.

Picnic tables and benches near the top with a great view of the valley below. Steep and narrow in places, but well worth the effort. Saw deer along the trail. Small stream near the bottom.

This was a surprisingly really nice and fun trail. I had my 8 year old and my two 4 year olds with me. Took us about two hours to complete it.

Lovely, short hike. Took me just under an hour and I’m a low lander. Saw lots of birds, squirrels, and a deer. The first half gets the blood moving but the second is quite pleasant.

Great trail for a quick hike! Nice views of Wheeler Peak.

Good hike and not too strenuous. Trail was easy to follow and there was shade most of the way. Good view of the lake.

recorded Oeste Vista Loop

Beautiful hike with the kids this morning! Our 5 and 11 year old did great and loved it!

I hope you’re used to high elevation! We were hugging and puffing. All 5 of us completed this hike. Including our 10 year old!

We hiked this trail this morning with our dogs (8 & 11yo) and we took the long route. It was a beautiful hike with lots of shade and wildflowers. We watched a storm coming in over the adjacent mountains and got a light rain for the last 3/4 mile or so, which was nice. The condition of the trail was very good and everything was well marked. As far as the difficulty, as older people (almost 60) who live in an urban setting not much over sea level, we were really cursing all the climbing.... it was strenuous for us, but we just got here 18 hours ago so I’m sure tomorrow will be better. All in all... it’s a lovely trail with beautiful views across the valley & golf course.

Great hike today! The trail map “upper loop” and “lower loop” then the trail marking “short loop” and “long loop” are a bit confusing. Then we ended up somehow missing what used to be the “end of the trail” which usually has bridges, small stream/brook, tiny waterfalls and I’d promised my boys (ages 3 & 5) they were coming. So we had to go back a bit to actually enjoy that part (we had no trouble with this in the past, so I’m not sure what exactly changed/switched/merged). But we never felt unsafe or unmarked. I’d hate that other people may also miss that part - to me it’s the best part to enjoy on the way down! The small boys did great with the incline, we all enjoyed the views and enjoyed an early picnic lunch at the picnic table at the top. We enjoyed a pretty easy hike back down.

Did this trail today for second time this summer. Beat original time by 13 mins. This is a very steep ascent initially and a great leg workout. Great views that never get old.

Sentier agréable, plutôt bien indiqué. On entend la route en contre-bas mais une ballade qui vaut la peine car le chemin dans les bois est bien marqué et quelques vues sur le paysage sont à ne pas manquer. Assez sportif dans l'ensemble car ça grimpe un peu au début ou à la fin, ça dépends dans quel sens on commence.

This trail was used for my first ever time hiking. My fiance and I are both heavyset, so the ascension was a bit difficult, but it was a very serene and peaceful trail. Encountered a couple people on the way, who were very friendly. Props to the picnic tables at the top for providing a nice resting point with an amazing view.

Great little hike in the morning. We went counter clock wise. That route takes the climb straight at the beginning.

Great trail even for those who don’t hike much! There are two versions when you begin, short loop and long loop. I don’t hike much, but we took the longer full version. Great views of the surroundings especially from the top (even picnic tables if you bring a light lunch). Overall definitely a moderate trail, does have some inclines.

This is a great trail right in the middle of Angel Fire, it is tougher than you might anticipate. You end up going up quite a bit and start the journey down about 1.5 miles in. Such amazing views of Angel Fire to see! Stop and take a break and enjoy the scenery.

Seems like it’s harder than “moderate” but a good trail nonetheless!

Was a bit tougher than we expected. Amazing views and a great trail. Great workout! Will be my go to trail all summer for legs!

Wed May 29 2019

Walked this as our first trail during a week of hiking. Kids from 13-5 loved it. Beautiful, saw about a dozen deer.

Thu May 16 2019

More moderate than easy but overall not bad at all.