Norski Cross Country Ski Track

Norski Cross Country Ski Track is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 177 feet Route Type: Loop

I went out on the Nordic Trail today for my first X-C skiing outing of the season. I was surprised by the number of trees that were laying across the trail because I had been on the trail about a month ago and it was clear of fallen trees on the trail. There were six large trees (aspens and pines) that blocked the trail in various locations. One was on the downhill slope near the end of the loop and the only way around it is to remove your skis and climb over it. There were also a lot of dog (coyote?) tracks and hiking boot holes that interfere with skiing. Dogs and hikers in the spring, summer and fall are not a problem but they can tear up a ski trail in the winter.

Great, easy loop trail! You get to see a lot of aspens! Right now is perfect because all the aspen trees leaves were golden yellow. Trail well marked. Just this 1 stretch of it was confusing to follow but it was brief. Maybe 1 vast look out spot where the landscape opened up. The trails view is mostly of a winding path and forest through a ton of aspen trees. The car drive up the mountain to this hiking spot has incredible views of the landscape opening up. Recommended :)

We did this hike to find a good group picnic spot. The best is about .3 miles from start, taking either the left or right trails from the parking area. It is a great hike to bring visitors not acclimated because it’s almost flat and is through the forest. The wildflowers were abundant and quite varied. There is lots of blowdown around the trail but the trail is clear and an easy walk.

This is one of my favorite easy, quick hikes to beautiful aspen groves. It makes a good trail run. I wish they would open this up a bit to allow for snowshoers and cross country skiers.

Sun Aug 05 2018

Very nice easy hike through meadows and Aspen.

Sun Oct 08 2017

Gorgeous trail especially in fall. I took my dog even though I wasn't supposed to but we saw several other doggies too.

Wed Aug 02 2017

Nice easy stroll through alpine forest. Lots of wildflowers in the summer. The trail is fairly easy to follow; it is a loop that gets pretty close to the other side in some spots.

Fri Jul 21 2017

Thu Jun 22 2017

This is the easiest trail (above 10k elevation) I have found in the SF area. Nice to ski in winter too. Today the flies were out in force especially near the trailhead. Good trail for an easy run at altitude.

Mon May 01 2017

I do this hike all the time with my dog. It's pretty easy although at some points the trail gets confusing but take a picture of the map and follow the trail markers as you go along. Halfway through the trail you get a great southern view. The trail is very beautiful especially in the fall when the leaves change colors.

Sat Aug 13 2016

Beautiful. We found parts hard to navigate.

Tue Mar 15 2016

Gorgeous and magical in the fall. Nice if you like to be among the Aspens. Not very difficult, but not so easy that it's boring.

Thu May 07 2015

This is a beautiful short trail just before the Santa Fe Ski Basin. Hike it in the fall to view amazing golden aspens.

Tue Nov 04 2014

Completed this trail several times, in all seasons. Easy to navigate, just bring yourself, snacks and a camera. has rolling hills and plenty of flat areas. Dogs love going with me and it just plain beautiful up there

Sun Feb 09 2014

Did the hike today after a week of snowfall. It was warm and sunny today. Made for a good hike. I took my dogs on this trail and later learned that I was not suppose to.