Michael M. Emery and Trail 305 Loop

Michael M. Emery and Trail 305 Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 334 feet Route Type: Loop

Too many mountain bikes. Trail is awesome.

Easy up and down, but with lots of biker traffic. Regional burn area interesting.

Great foothill hike. Recommend going early or later in the day not much shade. Perfect for afterwork or a quick morning stroll.

Great trail! My son and I did about half of it this morning, he was NOT a fan of all the bugs flying around him! Hopefully we’ll be able to come back when there’s less and hike the whole trail!

This is a beautiful, well maintained trail. The wildfire on 6/11/19 devastated much of the area. The trail circumnavigates the burn for impressive views. The remainder of the hike is dotted with blooming cactus and wild flowers. There was a lot bike traffic today.

Great hiking trail lots of MTN bikers felt like I was always having to look over my shoulder to see when they were coming. Otherwise just be alert share the trail and enjoy the beauty. lots of spring blooming going on.

Great trail, fairly easy. Lots of mountain bikers so please stay alert if you are on foot.

Single track and double track with lots of mountain bikers this Saturday. I hiked this time with my dog, but will definitely come back with the mountain bike now that I’ve scoped it out. GPS is handy as there are so many off-shoot trail options. No shade—take water and sunscreen. Trail is mostly dirt, some gravel. Really enjoyed this location!

This was my first trail running experience in the foothills of the Sandias. It was challenging for me but I think it would be mild / easy for seasoned trail runners. Beautiful views, used the downloaded map frequently to make sure I stayed on track.

it's a well-traveled trail and I saw many bikers, hikers, and people walking their dogs. If you go after a snow, where waterproof Footwear. it gets very sloppy even though it's decomposed granite. please, pick up your dog poop when they go. There are bags and receptacles posted along the way. there is no excuse not to pick up. I was walking my dog and was most distressed to come across piles of Pooh. overall, it is a very nice Trail. It is Well marked, and not too strenuous.

snowy, slushy, muddy right now but nice trail!

It was a very easy and accessible walk and a relatively busy trail. We hiked with our dog in January. The lack of shade was a blessing bc the sun was a needed amount of heat on a cold winter day. Follow your map if you want to stay on exact trail, very easy to go a different direction. Cell service available the whole hike/walk.

Great for the whole family.

We hiked this with our 4 and 5yr old kids and we loved it! The mountain views are pretty cool all the time. The terrain is very slightly hilly but not much so kids weren't too tired. And the views are changing every few minutes thanks to these small hills. I liked the high desert environment too. There were a lot of people today but it had a very nice atmosphere wishing everyone Merry Christmas. Very nice trip today!

One of my favorite trails close to home for an early sunrise hike

great trail definite must do.

Nice jaunt through the Sandia Foothills.

A relaxing jaunt through the foothills.

Friday, August 31, 2018

This trail is much more interesting when you follow the previous advice and use the navigation map! We ended up missing half of the trail because we were following the access road instead of the actual trail. We hiked this trail mid week and did not experience the high bike traffic.