Mentmore Mountain Bike Trails

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(14)
Gallup, New Mexico

Mentmore Mountain Bike Trails is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gallup, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 232 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

Good trail cool rocks and vista at sunset is stunning!

Thu Apr 18 2019

Ended up being 3.5 miles for me. Well marked. Cool scenery. Mountain lion sculpture at the top. Would do again.

Wed Oct 31 2018

Pretty hike but easy to get off fairly well marked trail. Fortunately I have a decent sense of direction and record map while hiking. This two mile trail was 3.6 miles for us. Great to hike but I would. It bike it. Loved the mountain lion at top.

Wed Aug 08 2018

we went on this hike in July at 11 a.m. with our 4 year old and almost two-year-old. Our four-year-old walked the whole way and I carried my two-year-old most of the way. It was easy to rain and had beautiful mountain sculptures. There is a mountain lion figure at the top of one Hill which is about 1 mile into the hike. At that mountain lion it is a great look out with nice breezes and was a perfect turning around point for us. We did a total of a 2-mile hike. I highly recommend a hat and going earlier or later in the day. There are also really neat stacked up rocks at various places along the path. There is not much shade but it was a good desert type of hike.

Mon Sep 04 2017

I think this trail is better suited for hiking...with all the rock it was a little difficult on my 29er mtn bike! Great views and good workout!

Sun Jul 02 2017

Easy and well maintained trail with neat rock features. We did this in July around 6pm. Some cacti were blooming. There are large rock cairns and white painted arrows to keep you on the trail. We made it into a 3.2 mile loop.

Wed Feb 22 2017

This was a nice easy hike with our 6year old for the most part! We somehow got off the loop though as we ended at a rock point that we wouldn't have ever gotten off of. We turned around and walked back which made the hike 3.6 miles. We had the GPS on so not sure why it took us where it did . It was a beautiful scenery . We went in February so all plants were dead but lots of rock formations to look at and animal foot prints. The lion statue at the top was exciting for our 6 year old too. We are visiting from California so we will never come back to this spot but if I was a local I would do it again

Wed Jun 29 2016

This is a mountain biking trail, but can be used for hiking. I've hiked both ends of the High Desert Trail system. The Mentmore side of the trail is beautiful, with rock formations, and a cool mountain lion sculpture that you can hike to. It is very open/high desert so I would suggest hiking it in the early morning or late evening in the summer, but perfect at mid-day in the winter.

Sat Jun 11 2016

It's great to have a trail right behind my house. The trail varies in difficulty but never really exceeds moderate. I've taken my sons, who are 2 and 4, about halfway out and back and they did well. Great work out if you step it out.

Tue Jul 10 2018