Mentmore Mountain Bike Trails

Mentmore Mountain Bike Trails is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gallup, New Mexico. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

This was a nice easy hike with our 6year old for the most part! We somehow got off the loop though as we ended at a rock point that we wouldn't have ever gotten off of. We turned around and walked back which made the hike 3.6 miles. We had the GPS on so not sure why it took us where it did . It was a beautiful scenery . We went in February so all plants were dead but lots of rock formations to look at and animal foot prints. The lion statue at the top was exciting for our 6 year old too. We are visiting from California so we will never come back to this spot but if I was a local I would do it again

This is a mountain biking trail, but can be used for hiking. I've hiked both ends of the High Desert Trail system. The Mentmore side of the trail is beautiful, with rock formations, and a cool mountain lion sculpture that you can hike to. It is very open/high desert so I would suggest hiking it in the early morning or late evening in the summer, but perfect at mid-day in the winter.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

It's great to have a trail right behind my house. The trail varies in difficulty but never really exceeds moderate. I've taken my sons, who are 2 and 4, about halfway out and back and they did well. Great work out if you step it out.

Saturday, March 26, 2016