Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Los Lunas Hill from Huning Ranch

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(21)
El Cerro de Los Lunas Preserve

Los Lunas Hill from Huning Ranch is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Los Lunas, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 708 feet Route Type: Loop

hiked half way up on a warm day. Made it to the pergola.

This trail was medium hard. Must have good walking shoes. Walking stick recommended to walk through rocks. Clean trail. Enjoyed it very much.

Nice overlook of the valley. There’s a path across the front of the “hill” under the letters. We needed more water that we though we did. Windy and sunny until a thunderstorm rolled in. Fun hike!

I only saw two people on my way in, and two on my way out. It was peaceful and pleasant, with lovely views. There are signs for an overlook, and I recommend following them. It’s not too difficult of a climb, but it’s steady uphill, and very soft and sandy in some parts. I wish I’d gone up in the steep rocky part, and descended on the soft, less steep section

surprisingly this is a great place to go hiking, there is a canyon the South west side of the Hill was in the canyon are some really amazing places to go. the northwest side also has an area that they called the bowl which is also a fun place to be wake up from this area to find steep Sandy slopes that you can run down. this place was a savior when I first moved here.

There’s some steep rocky and sandy areas but it is a great trail! There’s some rattle snakes around this hill so it is best to stay on the trail.

Sun Jun 24 2018

This a short hike. The views of the valley are amazing. There are several other options of trail hiking around the Hill. Perfect for fall, winter, and spring hikes. However I am desert rat, i go anytime of the year.

Sun Nov 26 2017

Great trail. I actually took a side trail and went over to the “Overlook”. Very scenic.

Fri Jan 04 2019