Lobo Peak Via Italianos Canyon Trail

Lobo Peak Via Italianos Canyon Trail is a 11.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Amazing hike! Highly recommend... the Italianos portion is probably more like a 5-5.5 hike each way as we turned around at 4.4 and hadn’t hit the “sign” yet.

my brother (16) and I (18) did this trail on accident, but it was awesome! Going up was beautiful and we loved the little meadows on the trail. Going down was also fun because we basically ran the whole thing. :)

We went up Italianos for about 1.2miles until the aspen grove. It is one of the most beautiful hikes I have done. Recommended by a Taos local to us. We saw so many different types of flowers and moss. The trail crosses over the creek quite a few times. Wear good shoes it is a little rocky at parts.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

One of my favorites!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Loved it. Been a few years for me, but my family does this trail at least once every year when they go up to their house there. Super green and lush and you quickly forget you're surrounded by deserts.

Friday, July 07, 2017

This trail was challenging and beautiful. Heavy pine cover for most of the hike - it follows up and crosses over a creek many times. Although we didn't get our feet wet we did get a bit muddy. There is an Aspen grove, meadows and steep climb as you get to the upper part of the trail. We got caught in a thunder storm and had to fend off mosquitoes near the top. Bring plenty of water and be prepared for storms and change of temperature. Because of the change in the weather we descended the same trail but we would have liked to try one of the other trails. This is one of the most beautiful hikes we've ever done.

Monday, August 14, 2017