Hyde Memorial State Park Circle Trail

Hyde Memorial State Park Circle Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is a $5 charge for trail use.

Nice little workout and great view

Beautiful view at the top! Moderate climb but it's totally worth it! Didn't find the waterfall trail in this app, but if you're doing this trail follow to the waterfall, it has an amazing view as well!

Beautiful hike, though I'd probably rate it moderate/challenging. Just when you think you're done hiking uphill, there's more uphill to hike ;)

A couple things to keep in mind: One, the hike costs five dollars. This is a hike through the Hyde State Park not the SF National Park. So you have to pay a day use fee. I'm sure you could "get away with" not paying but I personally feel a trail this well-maintained is worth the five bucks.

Second thing to keep in mind: About a mile and a half before the hike ends you cross over the highway to continue the trail. It gets a little confusing so I recommend taking a picture of the trail map at the trailhead. There's not a lot of cell service up there so being able to reference the picture on your phone would come in handy. I wish I had done that. I got lost. But still a great hike!

easy to jump on right from campground. pretty steep going up , the steep downhill. fairly fast hike with beautiful views !

Did East trail to Water Fall trail. Was snow covered and beautiful.

It seems to me that the loop is longer than 2.8 miles. My phone recorded more than twice that.

Hiked with my girlfriend last weekend. We're from Texas. It was difficult since we weren't acclimated. Took 2 hours to finish. So worth it! Amazing hike with a great view of Santa Fe at the top. The last mile had an inch of snow on the trail.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Went with my family to hike on this trail last summer for my birthday. It was a good hike with some challenging rocks to navigate through. Good cardiopulmonary workout overall!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Great trail with nice views! Pretty steep in a few areas. Great workout! My friend and I are visiting the area and are not experienced hikers. We finished it in about two hours.

Sunday, August 28, 2016