Hyde Memorial State Park Circle Trail

Hyde Memorial State Park Circle Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is a $5 charge for trail use.

easy to jump on right from campground. pretty steep going up , the steep downhill. fairly fast hike with beautiful views !

Did East trail to Water Fall trail. Was snow covered and beautiful.

It seems to me that the loop is longer than 2.8 miles. My phone recorded more than twice that.

Hiked with my girlfriend last weekend. We're from Texas. It was difficult since we weren't acclimated. Took 2 hours to finish. So worth it! Amazing hike with a great view of Santa Fe at the top. The last mile had an inch of snow on the trail.

Went with my family to hike on this trail last summer for my birthday. It was a good hike with some challenging rocks to navigate through. Good cardiopulmonary workout overall!

Great trail with nice views! Pretty steep in a few areas. Great workout! My friend and I are visiting the area and are not experienced hikers. We finished it in about two hours.

I did this last summer (2015) with my then 14 year old son and just earlier this week (end of July 2016) with my wife, 10 year old daughter, 13 year old son, and carried my one year old daughter in a baby backpack. The first mile or so starting from the South part of the West Loop is a good uphill workout. The kids felt the reward of finally having a constant downhill before crossing the street to reach the East part of the loop. Beautiful views and some resting spots along the way with benches and even a couple picnic tables at the top.

This trail is a large loop in the national park that crosses the road to the Santa Fe Ski area. The east side is relatively easy with an option to see a small water fall and traverses primarily through the campgrounds. The west side is more difficult and if you take the trail clockwise ascends from 8,500-9,500 ft in the first mile. Views of the surrounding valleys are spectacular from the peak. Good day hike with good exercise.

State park service rates this as difficult due to the 1000 ft vertical climb in first mile. Be prepared for challenging hike with beautiful views as your reward. Actual mileage is 3 miles.

Really pretty and moderate hike with beautiful views and alpine forests. Not overly demanding at all. The second half of the hike was a bit confusing after we came back to the road but other than that I enjoyed it.

Awesome, and what a view when you reach the top!!!
We did it anti-clockwise and reached the top at sunset: I'd recommend going clockwise so that if you spend a tad too long looking at the sunset you can get down to the road quicker and not get caught in the dark!
But best hike in these parts yet.

For a short trail some quite intense vertical. Really enjoyed it. Great views from the top down across Santa Fe. Distance is wrong. I measured it at 3.5 on my Garmin. Note - there is $5 charge for trail use.

fabulous trail, good work out, took 1.5 hours