Fillmore Canyon Trail

Fillmore Canyon Trail is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Las Cruces, New Mexico and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Hike thru Desert Valley to Fillmore Canyon. NO PETS ALLOWED. After paying at the visitor's center, drive west on the service road to the trailhead at the La Cueva Picnic area. At about 0.15 miles you reach a fork in the trail. Take the left fork. At about 0.75 miles you will meet the junction of the Fillmore Canyon Trail on the left. Follow this trail to the end at about 1.1 miles. Enjoy the water fall but please remember it is a delicate area. After leaving the water fall return via reverse route - OR - continue on the Crawford Trail to the visitor's center to make it a longer hike.

It started good then you will need to pay attention. It gets kinda confusing at the point where you reach the mine area then the trail connects. It was interesting and adventurous for me.

Fairly easy to hike and great sites to see especially when it has rain the day before!! Water streams are made!

Easy hike. There is still water there as of April 16.

Went out this morning in hopes of seeing the waterfall but there was very very little water. Definitely want to go back after we've gotten some rain! The hike was beautiful though, very scenic and well maintained trail. I would rate it as easy, not moderate. I would recommend spraying on some mosquito repellent lots of them flying around the bit of water. Not sure of the dog policy on this trail.

Waterfall was running and it was beautiful to see. It's not too often you see running water in the desert. The hike itself is not very challenging but it will give you a good work out.

I did this trail with Natalia my granddaughter and we enjoyed a lot. The water fall area at the end of the small canyon, is very nice, nice trees, nice plants. You can return on the same trail , but we used the one at the left of the water fall, very steep and not easy to climb. Once at the top we only walked down and intersected the same trail back to were we started. I think this is the best trail to walk with the family in the Dripping Spring area.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Friday, November 25, 2016

My husband and I did this with our 2.5 year old daughter and we enjoyed it!

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fairly easy trail to a small waterfall, many wildflowers along the way.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

easy for kids to hike. my boys had an amazing time.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

We have visited this trail several times since 2014. We have hiked further than the end point shown on the route, going to the right, almost to the peak of the mountain (to the right of the Organ Needles Trail). Maybe we will do it to the top another time. The first time, when we got to the water fall by the little canyon, we went up by the trail (very steep) at the left of the water fall and reach again the Fillmore Trail at the top, very difficult section but nice experience. This was the only time we did this, the others, we took to the right or to the left at the beginning of the small canyon. I also did this trail with my two granddaughters including La Cueva Loop Trail. The trail is easy to hike going to the left of La Cueva. You can also climb the rocks and go thought the mountain and reach the Fillmore Trail to the opposite side of the La Cueva, my granddaughters and I did it, very pleasant! We stopped our trip at the little canyon where it is the water fall, beautiful place, my granddaughters liked a lot. I also enjoyed the water with them.

Saturday, May 07, 2016