Eye Of The Sandias Loop Trail

Eye Of The Sandias Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cañada Village, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Saw a rattlesnake on this trail at the top! Scared me half to death but it didn't bother me- just warned me he was there and I briskly moved on!

Biggest complaint is that there is no way I could have figured out this trail if I wasn't using this app. It is NOT marked at all and there's lots of other paths to lead you astray. So I recommend bringing your phone fully charged!

Great views! Great workout! Very confusing at the top as to which way to go (I'm glad I didn't bring my dog because there's no way he could have managed it - he's a medium sized dog), but overall I very much enjoyed this hike and look forward to doing it again.

I have done ''tis several time but there is a rock scramble at the top eastend that I avoid now that I am 69 I go counter clockwise as mapped to the eye backtrack and cut across at a trail that crosses a meadow 2/3 of the way up

Some steep parts, but great.

Better hike in early morning to beat heat, challenging but enjoyable as well, one point you'll have to climb over few rocks which was tricky since we brought a dog with us. Overall, made it and worth it!

Not a lot of trees and you gain elevation very fast. Would suggest doing this early morning or later in the evening

Trail isn't marked very well and found myself off many times. The app helped with the map function to guide me back to the trail. Not much shade so I suggest it as a morning hike. I did it clockwise and it was fairly difficult in the ascent. Wear long pants, you'll be glad you did.

fun trail... wide open.. easy to run.. its a bit confusing, theres lots of trails off the main trail.. but if you just stay the bigger more used route youll be fine. i did the trail counter clockwise