Embudo Canyon

Embudo Canyon is a 10.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not the prettiest place in the world, but it's quiet and very interesting. Always something to enjoy. I love the massive rocks & the bright moss, beautiful dessert foliage & fall colors in the canyon.
We did some geo-caching here with the kids too. 2 were duds but one was a good little cache. But really it's fun to just treasure hunt

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Very nice in canyon

Sunday, April 23, 2017

My first hike in New Mexico i enjoyed very much I saw a long Snake

Monday, January 23, 2017

Beautiful trail, and gorgeous views. I would recommend dressing warm if you're heading on the trail during winter time. Around 4:15 pm the winds start to pick up and it gets very chilly.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

The landscape changed three times. At the bottom and beginning, the vegetation was protected by the boulder hills and felt like a desert forest. A little bit of rock scrambling was required over beautiful pink granite. Once beyond the first bend into the range, the trail was rather flat and sandy with tons of desert scrub. After gaining a bit of elevation zigzagging up into the first crests, we scrambled through an alpine forest with snow covered granite and patches of cacti. What a unique hike up! Although we stopped at the first crest (7880 ft), we could see abq, the iron rich sandia peaks, snow capped mountains off in the distance, and white dune like hills.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Great work out! We came up Embudo trail and then took the white wash trail on the way down . The way down was not well marked . We got off trail few times but thanks to the app we found our way back safely. It was a great adventure. The AllTrails app is a must have

Friday, October 28, 2016

A nice trail with several side trails which offer varying views of rock formations and currently the last of the fall colors with the Cottonwood trees.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Great and easy hike for humans and the pups! Easily accessible and a great place to explore.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Great hike. Beautiful views, excellent scenery and a great work out. Hike was definitely a challenge, but we'll worth it. However, there are a ton of forks and trails leading different directions with no signs or directing signals. Overall I definitely enjoyed this hike.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Super easy. Very pretty!! Great hike for people that want to get out but have limited time.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Great winter hike. I was able to make it to the 3 Gun Spring Trail intersection however the snow made it slow going.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Starts in the mesa and assends into beautiful mountain views with steep rock faces. Bring water, sunscreen and food. Awesome!!!

Saturday, March 07, 2015

nut a favorites but a place to exercise.

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Embudo is south of, considerably shorter than, and quite a bit less traveled than its bigger brother, Embudito Trail (192). The trail is very poorly marked (there were only 2 signposts that I saw the entire time; one at the trailhead and one at the top, where it meets with Three Gun Spring Trail), but I don't mind that about trails. There are also several forks and therefore several ways to get to the end of the route, so just pick which ever you prefer and they will all lead to the same place. There are neat rock formations to see, some large boulders to scale and awesome views of the city to the west. I thoroughly enjoyed this hike, it was actually one of my favorites of all the ones in Sandia that I have accomplished thus far.

recorded 1st